The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    It is hard to really describe the depths of Trump's douchbaggery.

Oh, I don’t know. There’s a few members here who do it pretty well. And the MSM do as well. And I have a few very hateful cousins who are in a constant TDS meltdown.

Of course it depends on what you mean by “douchebaggery”. To some, mostly the ones mentioned above, it’s anything he does or doesn’t do. My own, personal standards are a bit higher. I’d be happier if he stayed off twitter, for example. And generally said less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Oh, I don’t know. There’s a few members here who do it pretty well. And the MSM do as well. And I have a few very hateful cousins who are in a constant TDS meltdown.

Of course it depends on what you mean by “douchebaggery”. To some, mostly the ones mentioned above, it’s anything he does or doesn’t do. My own, personal standards are a bit higher. I’d be happier if he stayed off twitter, for example. And generally said less.

I'm specifically referencing a tweet from this morning toward the French.

Yes, tweeting is what mostly gets him in trouble.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I'm specifically referencing a tweet from this morning toward the French.

Yes, tweeting is what mostly gets him in trouble.

I don’t pay a lot of attention to Twitter or tweets. So I have no idea what you are referring to. Can’t offer an opinion as to its “douchebaggery”.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/ocasio-cortez-claims-yorkers-outraged-135522664.html
    Ocasio-Cortez Claims New Yorkers Are ‘Outraged’ Over Opening of New Amazon Headquarters

Holy crap!
    I actually agree with her.... a bit.
    I disagree with municipalities giving tax breaks to individual businesses.
    Give it to all, or none.

On the other hand.
    All those PEOPLE WITH JOBS will pay taxes, which will go towards fixing that crumbling infrastructure she's talking about.
    If Amazon goes someplace else, then it takes with it ALL THE TAXES that would have been paid.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Ocasio-Cortez Claims New Yorkers Are ‘Outraged’ Over Opening of New Amazon Headquarters

Holy crap!
    Give it to all, or none.

On the other hand.
    All those PEOPLE WITH JOBS will pay taxes, which will go towards fixing that crumbling infrastructure she's talking about.
    If Amazon goes someplace else, then it takes with it ALL THE TAXES that would have been paid.

Exactly. Amazon will employ hundreds (thousands?) of people in her district. All THEIR taxes will be made available to the government apparatchiks. Many municipal leaders understand how that's better than not having the companies come in at all.

She should really not complain about these things that she doesn't really understand.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Employment taxes and higher business profits in the local area certainly help. Reduction of individual dependence on government handouts will too. On the other hand, taking the money from the employee and "giving" it to Amazon seems to be a bit of a magic trick....we know the lady wasn't really cut in half, but the magician won't disclose how it's done or no one would buy tickets to the show.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Employment taxes and higher business profits in the local area certainly help. Reduction of individual dependence on government handouts will too. On the other hand, taking the money from the employee and "giving" it to Amazon seems to be a bit of a magic trick....we know the lady wasn't really cut in half, but the magician won't disclose how it's done or no one would buy tickets to the show.

What money is being taken from the employee and given to Amazon?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    You seem to have trouble understanding things today.

Unemployed people get jobs.

Result: Employed people pay taxes. Government spends less on caring for the unemployed.

Amazon gets tax breaks to employ people.

You do the math.

Please note that the jurisdictions giving the tax breaks aren't necessarily the same ones receiving relief from the unemployment burden or in receipt of higher employment taxes.

crosscut-saw1.jpeg

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    You seem to have trouble understanding things today.

Unemployed people get jobs.

Result: Employed people pay taxes. Government spends less on caring for the unemployed.

Amazon gets tax breaks to employ people.

You do the math.

Please note that the jurisdictions giving the tax breaks aren't necessarily the same ones receiving relief from the unemployment burden or in receipt of higher employment taxes.

crosscut-saw1.jpeg

Are you trying to be a jerk or is it natural? What you are describing is not how things work.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Perhaps you ought to review your earlier posts today.

Yes, I am describing how things work and also that the financial benefits of these transactions normally accrue to the corporations and not the community. It is not a rare instance that corporations fail to live up to their part of the abatement contract.

Locally, we've seen a similar instance with a proposed sports complex where the deal fell through because the power company refused to give outrageous utilities pricing concessions for a hockey complex. I guess we don't need to talk about the Colts. Most people are familiar with that subsidy and its benefits to the community.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Perhaps you ought to review your earlier posts today.

Yes, I am describing how things work and also that the financial benefits of these transactions normally accrue to the corporations and not the community. It is not a rare instance that corporations fail to live up to their part of the abatement contract.

Locally, we've seen a similar instance with a proposed sports complex where the deal fell through because the power company refused to give outrageous utilities pricing concessions for a hockey complex. I guess we don't need to talk about the Colts. Most people are familiar with that subsidy and its benefits to the community.

Perhaps you’d ought to review your so-called knowledge on the subject. And your posts. Because you said Amazon is being given money from its employees. That doesn’t happen, except, perhaps in the mind of a keyboard warrior lost in liberal never never land. Goodbye

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I'm a little late to the party. I sometimes see reduction in tax rates as a "cost," and I suppose that's true from the point of view of the government. Factually though, paying less taxes doesn't cost anyone anything.

Now, if you say that tax revenue has to always be constant, then reducing taxes for one entity would require raising taxes for another. I've never really seen that happen either though.

You could also say that the budget must balance, so less tax revenue must result in less government spending. So, in that case, patronage may be reduced, but that is not a cost either.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Holy crap!
    Give it to all, or none.

On the other hand.

My thought on this was it is also well that it go somewhere already overwhelmed by progressivism and lost to sanity. If it went somewhere in the heartland it's corporate 'values' might serve as a corrupting influence

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It appears Queen Melania has taken a role in national security, prompting the firing of an administration official, not because they are doing a bad job, but because they hurt her feelings.
    But of course, for Trumpers, it's :dunno:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    It appears Queen Melania has taken a role in national security, prompting the firing of an administration official, not because they are doing a bad job, but because they hurt her feelings.
    But of course, for Trumpers, it's :dunno:

That's probably the least of the personnel issues coming to the front now.

Oh, and another Clintonian advisor says HRC will run in 2020.

Stock up now on dumpsters and kindling.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom