The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm in a better place now than I have ever been, so I have zero problems with the way Trump has been steering the ship.

I like what he's been doing with regulations. I like the tax cuts but I want to see the individual tax cuts made permanent by further cuts to spending. The economy is rockin' now, which I think has a lot to do with government GTF outta the way. I like the extent to which the part of where he tells the press like it is is actually accurate. The press, particularly far left press is very dishonest in what and how they report news. Some, outright fabricate news. I'm on-board with some immigration policies, but not all the way.

And that's pretty much the good things I can think about Trump. Though he's right about a lot of fake news, he also calls things that are accurate and negative about him, fake news. I don't like his crass talk. I don't like his eagerness to lie about stuff. Like when he said:

Trump said:
    Anybody throwing stones, rocks, like they did to Mexico and the Mexican military, Mexican police, where they badly hurt police and soldiers of Mexico, we will consider that a firearm, because there's not much difference — when you get hit in the face with a rock, which as you know, that was very violent a few days ago. Very, very violent...When they throw rocks like they did at the Mexico military and police, I say, consider it a rifle.

And then Friday he tried to walk it back, saying he never said "shoot". Technically true, but not materially true. It's this kind of dishonesty that really hurts his credibility. I know Trumpers be excusin' that. But some people care about those things. And Trump could be much more successful if he'd take the power of the words of the president seriously. He just casually says stupid ****. That's how you talk when you're a wannabe billionaire playboy real estate tycoon and consequences of your thoughtless speech can easily be bought and paid for.

Trump could be a much better president. But he doesn't have to be better because his ardent followers don't care much about that stuff as long as he keeps insulting the enemy.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    At least you admit, that as long as you or the group you identify with, personally benefit, to hell with everyone else.

That's exactly how it was with the Obama administration. That's what the fringes do. Yes. Obama was fringe left.

Now it's the other's turn. We're going to keep trading radical-in-chief until the middle figures out they far outnumber the fringes.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Sessiopns.png

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The press and the nevertrumpers are losing their minds. This is hilarious!

...Well I had them all out there steppin' an' a fetchin'
    Like their heads were on fire and their asses was catchin'...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The press and the nevertrumpers are losing their minds. This is hilarious!

...Well I had them all out there steppin' an' a fetchin'
    Like their heads were on fire and their asses was catchin'...

Or. They're the sane ones. :dunno:

Either way.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Wondering why you guys have such a disdain for Sessions. Wasn't he Trumper enough? Was it that he didn't try to protect Trump Eric Holder style from investigations? I don't really get it. Seemed to me that he was doing okay, especially in terms of bringing some sanity to the administration at least in his corner of it.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Wondering why you guys have such a disdain for Sessions. Wasn't he Trumper enough? Was it that he didn't try to protect Trump Eric Holder style from investigations? I don't really get it. Seemed to me that he was doing okay, especially in terms of bringing some sanity to the administration at least in his corner of it.

i just think he is setting on his hands on a lot of stuff.....

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

Yeah, I'm with you on that.

I mean, I wouldn't hold him up as some sort of super duper awesome AG, but he seemed to be doing his level best to help Trump achieve policy goals within the bounds of the law.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey

This is my response from the other thread. I need to take time for a more thoughtful response, but this was my initial reaction:

I havn't figured out multi-quoting, so I'll just say this: Many people had high hopes for Sessions when he was first announced as AG, especially the people of Alabama, who were proud of him. The day after he was sworn in as AG, he recused himself from the most important, attention grabbing circus of the next two years; the Mueller investigation, and everything encompassed by that, including the FBI incestuous garbage that we've all seen and been subjected to. I say incestuous because there's a long and storied history between all the players in this coup attempt to take down Trump; you'll have to do your research on that; I don't keep detailed lists of my own research. Sessions' failure was that he allowed all the BS to go on, and really couldn't intervene, due to the fact he had recused himself unnecessarily, over some routine meeting he had with some Russians, leading up to the election of Trump. The fact that he did so the day after he was sworn in, instead of telling Trump the day before, interests many people.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Uh... Trump has the power to end Mueller's investigation if he wants.

At this point, I don't think he wants to end it. It is a convenient bogeyman.

Any time he either needs a distraction or just wants to be back on the front page, he spins a wheel: immigrant issues, Mueller investigation, trade war, MSM as enemy of the people. Whichever one the arrow points to, that's what he tweets about. Unless he wants a different one, then he just spins again.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    There were almost 400,000 illegal border crossers that were caught in 2016. Nobody knows how many were not caught.
    This should be controlled but now it won't be because the America-hating democraps actually want more invaders.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom