The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    You'd be wrong. Like really, really wrong. Not counting my pop, but I have some in my family, in the sticks of Alabama/Arkansas that are darker shade of "Deliverance" and would stick you in a hole in a cotton field if you tried to take their guns.

I think the folks are out there but it seems the Politicians are not out there actively seeking them...It's hard to explain.....I think you are right that the market is there...It's just that on a National level the Democratic Party chooses to act like they don't exist....

My family consistently voted for Lee Hamilton up until he voted yes on the AWB of 1994...After that we started pulling red for his seat....

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    After the last election and current dem anti-gun climate, there is no way any self respecting pro 2A person could possibly associate with the democratic party.

Well, I'm certain there is more than one pro-2A individual that would vote for ANYONE you didn't like.

[video=youtube_share;rmiuAUnT_tQ]http://youtu.be/rmiuAUnT_tQ[/video]

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The Dem party has gun control as the party platform now. They openly claim the NRA is their ememy.

IIRC correctly Senator Al Gore and Governor William J. Clinton both had NRA "A" ratings until they ran for National Office...Like Kut said, hard to be politician in Arkansas or Tennessee and not be pro gun...They didn't turn anti gun until they decided to run for national office.....

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    After the last election and current dem anti-gun climate, there is no way any self respecting pro 2A person could possibly associate with the democratic party.

Well, self-respecting as you'd define it. Other people get to define their own world views and how it drives their principles. I've learned that people don't always fit our projections.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Well, self-respecting as you'd define it. Other people get to define their own world views and how it drives their principles. I've learned that people don't always fit our projections.

Everyone has to hold their noses when they vote. I am certain there are people, who own guns, who overlook the anti-gun rhetoric and vote their other liberal ideals.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    IIRC correctly Senator Al Gore and Governor William J. Clinton both had NRA "A" ratings until they ran for National Office...

That was nearly twenty years ago, literally a lifetime for some younger gun owners.

When ALL of the speakers for a party are anti-gun, the party is just that.
    Of course there are a few outliers, that are lying to themselves about their party that will never again support gun owners.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Melania Isn't Going to Like This

A former Playboy model who claims she had an affair with Donald Trump beginning in 2006 is going public with a description of Trump's alleged system for concealing affairs.

In an eight-page, handwritten document that The New Yorker obtained, Karen McDougal detailed her alleged affair with Trump for nine months from June 2006 to April 2007, when Trump was two years into his marriage with Melania Trump, the future first lady. The document was provided to The New Yorker by McDougal's friend, but she confirmed to the magazine that the handwriting in the document is hers.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/16/politics/donald-trump-karen-mcdougal-national-enquirer/index.html

Boy oh boy. Has a president ever been divorced while in the White House? If Melania got a solid exit clause in the prenup, don't be surprised if she bolts... hocks a tell all book, becomes a liberal darling, and ends up with some aging movie star.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Boy oh boy. Has a president ever been divorced while in the White House? If Melania got a solid exit clause in the prenup, don't be surprised if she bolts... hocks a tell all book, becomes a liberal darling, and ends up with some aging movie star.

Eleanor didn't bolt...Jackie didn't bolt...Hillary didn't bolt....What makes you think Melania would???

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Eleanor didn't bolt...Jackie didn't bolt...Hillary didn't bolt....What makes you think Melania would???

Perhaps he thinks that Melania has had no inkling up until she read it in the paper. Perhaps he believes the same about Hillary. Perhaps he's a romantic and thinks love is the only consideration that goes into these decisions.

Perhaps he thinks J Howard Marshall and Anna Nicole Smith married for love :dunno:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Larsonboys78
    Top Bottom