• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • planedriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    gone
    Maybe people have finally had enough. Maybe they reached a breaking point and are not willing to be forced to dance to every lunatic fiddler that comes down the screen.

The latest data I could easily find was Feb 2022 that said Gillette fell another 5 points of market share to be down to 49%. They started that anti man "woke" nonsense in 2019.

Perhaps bud will have some rough road also
    We can only hope. The latest guidance from InBev is; the bud light thing is a non event for the parent company. Now as far as the guy/gal running Anheuser, Busch…… I wouldn’t want to be the one presenting the next quarterly board report to InBev.

Reactions: Leo

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Saw a meme recently contrasting the election irregularities (to be charitable and inclusive) to the bud light ordeal, it said something to the effect that conservatives care more about their beer than their elections security.

Why has this boycott been so successful?

Want to see how successful it has been? Look here post #144:

It's so easy to switch beers. I think most people don't really take part in boycotts even when they are on the side of the boycotters. Why? If it's going to inconvenience people to lose their favorite whatever, I think people won't join the boycott. Bud Lite, Miller Lite, Coors Lite and so on. Is there really a difference? I think people who drink those beers do so more because of Brand loyalty. So they're not out much.

Also, I think people are pretty worn out on all the transgender stuff that they're forced to pay attention to just about every where people are. Enough.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    My Legion hasn't had draft beer for awhile.
    Today we got 3 kegs for the first time in years. (3 different beers)
    One was Bud Light.
    Delivery guy laughed and found it funny that hasn't delivered to anyone else.
    I told him, we have a couple people wanted it. And we're not going to tell them what to drink.

Now, if the stuff doesn't get sold, then it won't get bought again.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Just unscrew the BudLight tap handle and screw on a Coors Light handle. No one will no the difference, especially if you have a special discount.

Bet Budweiser wishes they could unscrew this bad decision as easily.
    Oh I would know. After 2 bud or bud lights I get a dull, throbbing headache. Doesn’t happen with miller or coors. Plus the bud stuff has a weird sweet taste.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Oh I would know. After 2 bud or bud lights I get a dull, throbbing headache. Doesn’t happen with miller or coors. Plus the bud stuff has a weird sweet taste.
    I think its the rice they use. I can drink bud light if offered to me. (never actually purchased one) Even :poop: faced drunk I cant drink Bud. I was stumbling drunk at a party that had a free keg of each for the guests. I accidentally grabbed the bud nozzle. Even totally drunk I still couldnt drink it just to drink. I had to pour it out and grab the light one.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Stakeholder Capitalism is just a way to allow a few elites to control the rules of society. I hope the solidarity that people have shown Bud Lite would spread to other companies that openly promote woke ideas.

Probably not though. It’s not a sacrifice to switch brand loyalty on something that’s kinda like a commodity. Big Beer in the US for example. Busch, Miller, Coors, etcetera, not a lot of difference. Might as well come in a white can labeled “Beer” in black block letters.

What about shoes? Cars. Appliances. Jeremy Boring can’t sell versions of everything. Bud Lite learned a lesson but only because there were easy alternatives for people to buy. GM will not give up its wokeness and it probably will not hurt them. A Chevy guy buying a Ford? :lmfao: Okay. Maybe Ram? :rofl:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I Don’t drink any of these big domestic lite beers. but I think I could tell they were different
    Enough that if you were a Bud Light fan you would feel like it’s so much better than Coors or Miller? Easy to switch because there are acceptable alternatives. Meanwhile Nike gets away with using a man as a spokeswoman, wearing their bras in ads made up in woman face. People still buy their ****.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Enough that if you were a Bud Light fan you would feel like it’s so much better than Coors or Miller? Easy to switch because there are acceptable alternatives. Meanwhile Nike gets away with using a man as a spokeswoman, wearing their bras in ads made up in woman face. People still buy their ****.
    Oh I agree it isn’t likely different enough to be unacceptable. I moved from Modelo to Dos Equis. Is it different? Sure. but not that big a deal.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I can never speak about anyone else, but I can control most of the actions in my house.

When everyone in this nation was glad to be Citizens of the USA, that was enough.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Nike has been woke for a while now. This was just more of the same from them.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom