• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Yeah, that is the thing. this boycott won't truly be effective if they replace its sales with another brand.

Thankfully, we have Yuengling now. An independent brand owned by a guy who is a pretty vocal Republican that the libs constantly fail to cancel.

I think you underestimate the impact of this and its far reaching effects. The impact is more likely to companies that d not have other brands in place to pick up the slack. TSC and JD come to mind…

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I think you underestimate the impact of this and its far reaching effects. The impact is more likely to companies that d not have other brands in place to pick up the slack. TSC and JD come to mind…
    but we have threads for them. This is the Bud Light Thread!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I cannot say how many endless times that fingers were wagged at me saying that boycotts don't work. I'm glad boycotting finally got through to enough minds to prove to the naysayers that our numbers matter. Too bad Dick's Sporting Goods is still open doing business, without repercussion for their anti-2A actions.

Now to get to work on 2A related boycotting! We better get our :poop: together, before the anti's fool around and sell the next generation into numbers that we cannot beat!

Let us not forget that a woman (arguably successfully) running for president is openly against us.

Last edited:

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I cannot say how many endless times that fingers were wagged at me saying that boycotts don't work...
    Boycotts work on products that either aren't that great in the first place, or that have similarly priced, equal or better quality, competing products.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Boycotts work on products that either aren't that great in the first place, or that have similarly priced, equal or better quality, competing products.

Right. The same marginalizing argument as old.

Tell that to Anhuaser Bush, Jack Daniel's, Tractor Suppy Company and others. I'm sure they'd like a explaination out of their predicament.

They didn't make publicly announced policy change, admitting wrong direction, because they were proud of it.

Sometimes shame only comes from a shrinking bottom line.

:)

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I think I posted before on this subject, but success is going to be closely tied to the customer base also. If you provide products to the Trans community, a 2A boycott probably isn't going to work. On the other hand, if you make a beer that mostly good old boys drink, then it has a chance of success. I think Dick's mostly catered to the soccer moms, so a 2A boycott might have had some small effect, but the anti gun soccer moms, kept going and maybe even increased their portion of sales. There is going to be a sliding scale.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    ...Tell that to Anhuaser Bush, Jack Daniel's, Tractor Suppy Company and others. I'm sure they'd like a explaination out of their predicament...
    TSC and JD took a lesson from AB.

Instead of doubling down on policies that a large segment of their customers find abhorrent, they quickly abandoned them.

They did that because they know their customers have alternatives. There is nothing that places them head and shoulders above their competition.

Flash-hider

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2012
    Back when I was a kid, I had a Kaleidescope. I look at companies like TSC, AB, JD, J Deere, and all they are doing is like I did as a kid was turn the wheel on that Kaleidescope and make it look different without really changing anything except looking at a different pattern.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    These companies were pressured through social media by trolls who have nothing better to do than throw around more social media stirred up threats to boycott the company unless they change their public policy to the DEI agenda.

The differerence between us and the DEI crowd is that we don't make empty threats. We just don't give them our money. Word gets out and feeds the financial boycott further.

Besides the 2A stuff that we should learn from this, WE really need to focus on our school's DEI policy. This is where our next generation is endoctrinated.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    It's
    These companies were pressured through social media by trolls who have nothing better to do than throw around more social media stirred up threats to boycott the company unless they change their public policy to the DEI agenda.
    I believe most were quietly overtaken by younger, more recently "educated" executives who implemented what they'd been programmed to - or - they're being run by the likes of Blackrock/Vanguard who are pushing the DEI into hundreds of entities they own a majority stake of.

None of this woke, DEI, LGBTQ garbage is organic, it's all been quite intentionally put into place. Coupled with a complicit media owned by the same people and it magically appears that humanity is reaching some new level of understanding, getting ready to move into a new age. It's beginning to fall apart but the roots of this disease run deep throughout corporate America.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    How could Harley permit a left wing woke libturd idiot from Europe ascend from the woke muck to run Harley?
    The shareholders must have been asleep at the switch.
    A total boycott against HD would appear to have an instant impact on the management and shareholders to get rid of this piece of detritus! :dunno:

Top Bottom