Not open for further replies.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    That smells like penumbras. I don't think there's a constitutional case for that.

I have no qualms about using to our advantage all of the penumbras that the courts have found in the past to legislate from the bench and to screw us out of rights. (That includes applying Obergefell to RKBA and recognition of state-issued carry licenses.)

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    The tax records are truthful, are they not?

There's such a thing as lying through omission. Which is the overwhelming majority of what the media typically does.

If you present the story with the context you want it to have, you can force people to come to the conclusion you want. Trump's taxes is a perfect example of this.
    It allows them to lie by claiming Trump only paid $750 in taxes, which was half true. Because in the records they gave you, he only paid $750 in taxes.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    That's irrelevant. The policy in question is one that prohibits the distribution of information that was obtained illegally. The real irony is that the Hunter Biden information was obtained legally, and the Trump tax records were obtained illegally.

You have no idea whether the "Hunter Biden information" is from a computer associated with Hunter Biden. You don't know if the screenshot memo is a real document or one fabricated. The fact is, you have a news bureau who has not provided any support for their story attempting to significantly affect an election.

Hogwash.

I'd feel the same if the shoe was on the other foot. If you bring something significant to the table in the runup to the election, you better be able to prove every point you raise.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    What monopoly? I don't use Twitter at all. And I don't use Facebook for news.

I am not alone.

That's not how monopolies are defined. How many non-smokers were there in the US when American Tobacco was declared a monopoly in 1911?

jolly rancher

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Sorry if this has been brought up but since early voting started the number of people lining up each day to vote early here in the “People’s Republic of Monroe County” is mind boggling. We have people wrapping around an entire city block waiting to cast their vote at 8:00 AM and this has been going on for days. I have been told by business owners near the polling place that there is always a line starting at 8:00 AM until closing at 6pm. I tried to vote yesterday at 1:30 PM and walked away when the line only stretched one city block thinking I would get the jump on people early this morning but it was 4 times worse this morning. Will try again right before the polls close at 6pm. There is something in the air when you have so many people willing to put up will this kind of inconvenience to cast a vote. So far 2020 has been one wild ride and we aren’t at the top of the roll-a-coaster hill yet so hang on cause the next two months could be something you tell your grandkids about.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    You have no idea whether the "Hunter Biden information" is from a computer associated with Hunter Biden. You don't know if the screenshot memo is a real document or one fabricated. The fact is, you have a news bureau who has not provided any support for their story attempting to significantly affect an election.

Hogwash.

I'd feel the same if the shoe was on the other foot. If you bring something significant to the table in the runup to the election, you better be able to prove every point you raise.

You mean, like the Steele Dossier? Or the Christine Blasey-Ford accusations (much less, the even more ridiculous allegations)?

Regardless, you're missing the point: the policy in question regards how the information was obtained, not about the veracity of the information. The Hunter Biden information, even if untrue, was obtained legally. The Trump tax records, even though they are true, were obtained illegally.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    You mean, like the Steele Dossier? Or the Christine Blasey-Ford accusations (much less, the even more ridiculous allegations)?

Regardless, you're missing the point: the policy in question regards how the information was obtained, not about the veracity of the information. The Hunter Biden information, even if untrue, was obtained legally. The Trump tax records, even though they are true, were obtained illegally.

So, you don't care if it's a lie....as long as they obtained the bull**** through Proper Channels.

That is so ridiculous that I think someone must have stolen your logon ID.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Exactly, so why did you bring up your lack of use of Social Media?

And who controls the Social Media market?

Social Media is one form of communication. The names you mentioned do not have control of the "market" (which is broader than just social media, in any event). In fact, many kids and younger adults think FB and Twitter are ancient and have moved on to other platforms.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    So, you don't care if it's a lie....as long as they obtained the bull**** through Proper Channels.

That is so ridiculous that I think someone must have stolen your logon ID.

I'm not saying that at all. I am saying that your line of argument is a non sequitur with respect to the question of Twitter's selective enforcement of its policies and terms. The policy in question does not involve the veracity of information (there are other policies that address that issue). Period. Veracity of information is not what is in question here.

The policy in question involves prohibiting publication of information that was obtained illegally. Capisce?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Social Media is one form of communication. The names you mentioned do not have control of the "market" (which is broader than just social media, in any event). In fact, many kids and younger adults think FB and Twitter are ancient and have moved on to other platforms.

"Communication" is not a market. Social Media is a market. Television is a market. Radio is a market. All of those markets deal in communication, but "communication" itself is not a market.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Actually, FB is citing the spread of potentially false information and has third-party entities checking the veracity of the information.

Twitter went further. It is blocking users from posting pictures of the emails or links to two of the New York Post's stories referring to them, spokesman Trenton Kennedy said, citing its rules against sharing "content obtained through hacking that contains private information."

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    "Communication" is not a market. Social Media is a market. Television is a market. Radio is a market. All of those markets deal in communication, but "communication" itself is not a market.

Yeah.....stick to pharma, amigo. Even in your slicing and dicing, FB is not a monopoly. Twitter, Youtube, Tumblr, LinkedIn, Snapchat, WhatsApp, etc etc etc.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Actually, FB is citing the spread of potentially false information and has third-party entities checking the veracity of the information.

tenor.gif

That's not what your quoted excuse says:

Twitter went further. It is blocking users from posting pictures of the emails or links to two of the New York Post's stories referring to them, spokesman Trenton Kennedy said, citing its rules against sharing "content obtained through hacking that contains private information."

No hacking was involved.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    This wasn't Trump's personal account. It was his campaign's account. That's a pretty valuable service that Twitter gave Biden, giving Biden's campaign access to a large platform and tends of millions of voters, while denying the same for Trump.
    It is hugely significant, on a number of levels given the disparate ways that Twitter has applied its own policies. Twitter has fact checked tweets from Trump, and placed warning on his tweets before for being inaccurate. However, the Democrats and media accounts who repeated the Russian collusion narrative, the Russian pee-tape story, the Ukrainian interference, Schiff's dramatic re-enactment of Trump's calls, and the oft repeated "Very Fine People" lie, are not touched.

I think that Trump tackling Big Tech now would be too great a distraction before the election. But, if he wins a second term, and the Republicans have the votes, I truly hope that they drop the hammer on them and force those companies to determine once and for all whether they are a platform or a publisher.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Hogwash.

From the same computer...

HUNTER-BIDEN-UKRAINE-EXEC-HERO-JF-PIPE.jpg

That damn Q person went and forced hunter to smoke crack a year ago and took a picture to post now.

Seems like [STRIKE]a legit excuse.[/STRIKE] hogwash.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Yeah.....stick to pharma, amigo. Even in your slicing and dicing, FB is not a monopoly. Twitter, Youtube, Tumblr, LinkedIn, Snapchat, WhatsApp, etc etc etc.

Facebook and Twitter, combined, are, for all intents and purposes, a monopoly for public discourse via Social Media. Further, at least Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube were all involved in the censorship of the Hunter Biden story.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

Uhh....

"...citing its rules against sharing "content obtained through hacking that contains private information."

Nothing about veracity there.

Regardless, I was addressing Twitter's policy, not Facebook's.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Uhhh, you might want to look at who owns WhatsApp before you use it as an example of why Facebook isn't a monopoly

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom