• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    We used to get compliments on our kids behavior in public, because even when they were toddlers, they knew there were consequences for acting like a damn fool.
    lol.

my gbabies are a bunch of hooligans in private but perfect angels in public. they are no strangers to the "tools of correction"

when my daughter was 3 people would always compliment her on her manners. when asked why she was so sweet she said "my daddy's belt swings both ways"

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I hope he runs. I TRULY do. If he does, That should take him out of the running as the prosecutor, and his opponents will have a field day with his dismal job history. Then we can get a REAL prosecutor and a REAL mayor.
    we can only hope. i see it getting worse. too many of them are "waking up"

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Mears will run and WILL win. You know that Big D machine briefly mentioned in the Carson thread? Let’s just say that I was unfortunately subjected to the whims of that machine and that man for ten looooong years. Mears being the mayor has been in the works since before he was made prosecutor. And “made” is the operative term.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Mears will run and WILL win. You know that Big D machine briefly mentioned in the Carson thread? Let’s just say that I was unfortunately subjected to the whims of that machine and that man for ten looooong years. Mears being the mayor has been in the works since before he was made prosecutor. And “made” is the operative term.
    Well this is disappointing.

Heading toward Chicago and LA.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    50% of my property taxes goes to Wayne Twnshp schools every year.
    Ben Davis has pretty nice facilities.
    • Main gym
    • MPA (multi-purpose gym including a 6-lane track and 4 basketball courts)
    • 2 aerobic and dance rooms
    • 6200 sq. ft. fully-equipped weightroom with over 100 stations
    • 50 meter swimming pool with separate diving well
    • 3 baseball fields
    • 4 softball fields
    • 1 soccer practice field
    • 1 soccer playing field
    • Newly-renovated football stadium with artifical playing field turf
    • New 9-lane track
    • Cross-country course
    • Golf driving range
    And for the Home Coming game there were about 100 people in the stands (with about 3000 capacity) and most of those were parents. Your car is likely to be tagged with gang graffitti while you're at the game.
    Next Door app has a daily comment about dangerous pit bulls running loose and near daily gun shots fired in Farley Addition right across the street from BD.
    Five low income apartment complexes within 1/4 mile of Ben Davis HS.
    Crap neighborhood tells you why turn out is low. And yes, I live here.
    I drove a bus that picked up kids in Farley, Tomahawk and West Park for BD in 2005-2007. Had one incident where the school policeman had to come from BD to take a kid lighting up in the back off the bus, but never really had any real problems with them…or the Chapelwood elementary kids either. The area has gone steeply downward in the past 10 years or so…

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    50% of my property taxes goes to Wayne Twnshp schools every year.
    Ben Davis has pretty nice facilities.
    • Main gym
    • MPA (multi-purpose gym including a 6-lane track and 4 basketball courts)
    • 2 aerobic and dance rooms
    • 6200 sq. ft. fully-equipped weightroom with over 100 stations
    • 50 meter swimming pool with separate diving well
    • 3 baseball fields
    • 4 softball fields
    • 1 soccer practice field
    • 1 soccer playing field
    • Newly-renovated football stadium with artifical playing field turf
    • New 9-lane track
    • Cross-country course
    • Golf driving range
    And for the Home Coming game there were about 100 people in the stands (with about 3000 capacity) and most of those were parents. Your car is likely to be tagged with gang graffitti while you're at the game.
    Next Door app has a daily comment about dangerous pit bulls running loose and near daily gun shots fired in Farley Addition right across the street from BD.
    Five low income apartment complexes within 1/4 mile of Ben Davis HS.
    Crap neighborhood tells you why turn out is low. And yes, I live here.
    Ben Davus Alum, grew up on the west side, you are tearing my heart out of its socket.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I drove a bus that picked up kids in Farley, Tomahawk and West Park for BD in 2005-2007. Had one incident where the school policeman had to come from BD to take a kid lighting up in the back off the bus, but never really had any real problems with them…or the Chapelwood elementary kids either. The area has gone steeply downward in the past 10 years or so…
    This was when I knew it was getting serious. 20 shots fired at a busy intersection is a miracle no innocents were hit.

Someone is shot within a 1/2 mile of BDHS every 6 months (at least that I hear about. It may be more frequent). Stratford apts (formerly Tomhawk Village) has enough police runs that they might as well have a district office there.
    Edit/add. Fun fact. 16 yr old kid that shot 7 people at the 2011 Black Expo was arrested hiding at his friends apt in West Park.

Last edited:

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    anyone remember the fight at BD a few years back that ended with a teen girl shot and killed?

it started on FB as an invite to fight and about 100 idiots showed up and one clown pulled a gun and started shooting.

i was friends with the mother of the girl killed. i had warned her about FB and the idiots on it.

my own daughter was threatened on FB by my oldest gbaby's donor. he only quit after i gave him that GMAW. then told my daughter to get her @** off FB.

unfortunately that's what a lot of our kids do on FB...stir up trouble.

parents need to stop encouraging kids to be hard. they don't realize they're not hard enough to stop bullets.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    No link, saw it on Fox 59 news (old fashioned on the TV method), BD shooter is going with the "fired warning shots" defense. Needs a better lawyer.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    No link, saw it on Fox 59 news (old fashioned on the TV method), BD shooter is going with the "fired warning shots" defense. Needs a better lawyer.

Warning shots or "I was just shooting" is a common theme to avoid Murder and have the jury select Reckless Homicide among jailhouse lawyers who do not understand transferred intent.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    And the hits just keep on coming...

14-year-old arrested in connection to shooting, attempted carjacking; IMPD says Ben Davis HS shooting suspect supplied the gun

During the investigation, IMPD detectives learned that this incident began as an attempted carjacking which occurred in the 7900 block of W. 10th Street. Investigators say the 14-year-old shot the 16-year-old during the incident.

Officers say they were able to identify the teen suspect and later spotted him at the Ben Davis High School football game on Oct. 1 where shots were fired by another teenager, 18-year-old David Tillman. The 14-year-old was seen running from the area after the shots were fired.

He was stopped and arrested by police who questioned him in connection to the September 3 shooting.

IMPD’s investigation also uncovered Tillman is allegedly responsible for giving the 14-year-old a handgun the night of the September 3 shooting. Police say the exchange was made at a gas station.

Tillman is facing additional felony charges for his role in the September 3 shooting, as well as the shooting at the Ben Davis high school game.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Warning shots or "I was just shooting" is a common theme to avoid Murder and have the jury select Reckless Homicide among jailhouse lawyers who do not understand transferred intent.
    as long as we have weak prosecutors & judges they don't need to understand anything beyond "i was just shooting".

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    as long as we have weak prosecutors & judges they don't need to understand anything beyond "i was just shooting".

According to some, the current weak prosecutor is a lock for being the next mayor.

You folks up there better get busy, with a direction and plan to change this, if you don't want chiraq in our capital. :twocents:

Top Bottom