Btown Rural

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Butts said none of the individuals believed to have been involved with the fight were current Wayne Township students. "Only one of the individuals involved has been identified as a former Wayne Township student," he said online.

So nobody involved in this was directly affiliated with the school.

Can't even have a school ball game anymore without trash showing up, fighting, and fetching their guns.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Can't even have a school ball game anymore without trash showing up, fighting, and fetching their guns.
    Dang, I barely went to our home games, and that's just because I was in the band. :): I sure didn't go to any other school's games.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner

Guess nobody knows how to use their fists anymore...or they are scared to get in close. Cowards.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    This is what happens when a reprehensible lifestyle is glorified and hyped for years by the media. And for quite a while now, thugs have been told it’s not their fault. Schools might as well just do away with sports altogether. This is the new normal.

Once again, thank a democrat.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Wish I could say it was a new thing there, but I spent three years as the school resource officer at BD. Great staff and admin from township, fully supportive of the police (those badges and patches? Yeah, ya boi designed those) and overall, a pretty cool family atmosphere in the community.

I still have the shoulder pain from a dislocated shoulder while tackling a 24-year-man who came to the school with a gun to settle some beef.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is what happens when a reprehensible lifestyle is glorified and hyped for years by the media. And for quite a while now, thugs have been told it’s not their fault. Schools might as well just do away with sports altogether. This is the new normal.

There are (sadly) enough squishy republicans in that mix. I know a few and even money says you all do as well.
    we are soft. Parenting is a Lost art. I see it every day.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    i remember when the push to stop disciplining your children took place. my mother didn't fall for that. she was boxing our ears into adulthood. when we were younger the neighbors had authority over us and it kept us in line. nothing worse than getting the h**l beat out of you by the neighbor and then the s**t kicked out of you by verse.

getto culture (that is how it is spelled on the corner) came to the forefront in the late 80's/early 90's. can we say gangster rap? i started seeing people who would have NEVER been considered thug all of a sudden claiming gutter life. it's still funny to see the nerds and wusses from highschool all thugged up 30+ yrs later. the only thing that makes them hard is a gun and some idiots rap song.

since that "lifestyle" is worshipped now, parents don't teach their kids how to read & write. they teach them to be ignorant because it's easier.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    There are (sadly) enough squishy republicans in that mix. I know a few and even money says you all do as well.
    we are soft. Parenting is a Lost art. I see it every day.
    Yep, just yesterday, we went to lunch and as the hostess was walking us to our table, I could tell she was gonna seat us right next to a table with a young couple and two toddler age kids, I asked her if we could have a table on the other side of the room, and she obliged. Sure enough, those two kids proceeded to be loud and obnoxious while the idiot “parents” sat there laughing like it was cute. Fortunately, it’s kind of a loud place anyway, and most of the screaming was drowned out by us being far away, but geez.

We used to get compliments on our kids behavior in public, because even when they were toddlers, they knew there were consequences for acting like a damn fool.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I sincerely hope they throw the book at this 18 year old, but he'll get his sentence modified in the Marion county court system.

If it's not bounced down the line for years and years, using every excuse, it would be nice to see how our dandy Marion County prosecutor handles this.

The prosecutor who said he won't prosecute marijuana charges is supposedly positioning himself to run for mayor?

Same prosecutor also dropped the ball on red flag charges that might have stopped the FedEx shooter.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If it's not bounced down the line for years and years, using every excuse, it would be nice to see how our dandy Marion County prosecutor handles this.

The prosecutor who said he won't prosecute marijuana charges is supposedly positioning himself to run for mayor?

Same prosecutor also dropped the ball on red flag charges that might have stopped the FedEx shooter.
    We seem to be getting a string of worthless mayors from that office.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

I hope he runs. I TRULY do. If he does, That should take him out of the running as the prosecutor, and his opponents will have a field day with his dismal job history. Then we can get a REAL prosecutor and a REAL mayor.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Yep, just yesterday, we went to lunch and as the hostess was walking us to our table, I could tell she was gonna seat us right next to a table with a young couple and two toddler age kids, I asked her if we could have a table on the other side of the room, and she obliged. Sure enough, those two kids proceeded to be loud and obnoxious while the idiot “parents” sat there laughing like it was cute. Fortunately, it’s kind of a loud place anyway, and most of the screaming was drowned out by us being far away, but geez.

We used to get compliments on our kids behavior in public, because even when they were toddlers, they knew there were consequences for acting like a damn fool.
    Sitting in the bar, as hostess sat us by a bunch of loud fat jerks w kids running all over. Zero discipline....across 3 generations it looked like.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    50% of my property taxes goes to Wayne Twnshp schools every year.
    Ben Davis has pretty nice facilities.
    • Main gym
    • MPA (multi-purpose gym including a 6-lane track and 4 basketball courts)
    • 2 aerobic and dance rooms
    • 6200 sq. ft. fully-equipped weightroom with over 100 stations
    • 50 meter swimming pool with separate diving well
    • 3 baseball fields
    • 4 softball fields
    • 1 soccer practice field
    • 1 soccer playing field
    • Newly-renovated football stadium with artifical playing field turf
    • New 9-lane track
    • Cross-country course
    • Golf driving range
    And for the Home Coming game there were about 100 people in the stands (with about 3000 capacity) and most of those were parents. Your car is likely to be tagged with gang graffitti while you're at the game.
    Next Door app has a daily comment about dangerous pit bulls running loose and near daily gun shots fired in Farley Addition right across the street from BD.
    Five low income apartment complexes within 1/4 mile of Ben Davis HS.
    Crap neighborhood tells you why turn out is low. And yes, I live here.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove

A couple of weeks ago, Beech Grove High School played their homecoming game. The guest team was Washington High School. Throughout the game, the Washington team was getting in fights with their own players, and with the Washington fans. At some point, one of the Washington people went out to the parking lot and started shooting at people. Police allegedly found a couple more handguns in the Washington bleachers. Some of the Washington fans then went down the street to Expo Bowl so they could continue fighting.

Nothing but a bunch of thugs. If the other schools were smart, they would uninvite Washington HS to any further games. Maybe they can just play Ben Davis for the rest of the year.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I hope he runs. I TRULY do. If he does, That should take him out of the running as the prosecutor, and his opponents will have a field day with his dismal job history. Then we can get a REAL prosecutor and a REAL mayor.

I wouldn't bet any money on that. Remember Ballard? He was honestly disappointed that he couldn't ban firearms in city parks.

When he was still mayor, he gave a speech to the survivors of the USS Indianapolis, and he had his armed guards in front of him guarding him from the 90 year old Indianapolis survivors. He might as well have been a Democrat, and he's a disgrace to the Marines.

Top Bottom