• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunsCarsPlanes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2021
    NWI
    I bought one and it's had one range trip maybe 50 or so rounds. Not my cup of tea. Feels like a toy. I need to post mine and go back to Ruger or try a Buckmark.
    I think they are great pistols. I let my kid rent a bunch of different pistols and they liked a ruger mark vi the most. I was really hoping they would have liked the tx22 more but eh... I just want my kid to have a continual desire to shoot and feel involved so I'm going to get the mark vi

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I think they are great pistols. I let my kid rent a bunch of different pistols and they liked a ruger mark vi the most. I was really hoping they would have liked the tx22 more but eh... I just want my kid to have a continual desire to shoot and feel involved so I'm going to get the mark vi
    What is a Ruger MK vi? I have not heard of it. I bought a TX22C and like it. I mostly bought it because my Ruger MKII has a mag release that is not a type where I can change mags quickly. I thought the manual of arms of the TX would allow me to shoot some Rimfire Falling Steel or other competitions where you need to perform mag changes under the clock.

Now that I decided that I'm not going to do competitions, I'm thinking of getting a Ruger MK series that have the more standard thumb mag release since overall I do like them better. But I'm not sure which MK series to get.

I couldn't find anything online regarding a MK VI. Did you by chance mean a MKIV? If so, which configuration did you get?

GunsCarsPlanes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2021
    NWI
    Of course I bungled the name... meant to say MK IV

The "lite" and "tactical" are known to be excellent pistols. They have a very vault like feel, 1911 like trigger. I'm going 22/45 Lite or Tactical. MSRP is steep but if you put time in you can get a pretty impressive discount.

Top Bottom