• ...and so much more!
  • zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Ordered compact model today. Cuts seem to be weight offset for optic. The tx22 has been king of non target style 22s since it’s release and I expect nothing less from
    The compact model. Will give a report and let doddg do a detailed report when it get into rural king hopefully before too long.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I'm tempted to pick one up, but after shooting a P322 a few months back I really want one of those instead. The Tx22 Compact seems like the best bang for the buck, but there was something about the Sig I really liked. Enough to pay the Sig premium. The only downside in my mind is that they don't offer a non-external safety model (that I'm aware of).

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    I'm tempted to pick one up, but after shooting a P322 a few months back I really want one of those instead. The Tx22 Compact seems like the best bang for the buck, but there was something about the Sig I really liked. Enough to pay the Sig premium. The only downside in my mind is that they don't offer a non-external safety model (that I'm aware of).
    I had a 322 for a good while as soon as they came out. It did nothing as good or better than the Taurus except optic cut which is not important to me and said sig on the side. I shot the tx better so moved the sig down the line to cut my losses. I also had to pay a decent premium to buy the first one I saw in the area. I may pic up another when prices come down a little. I didn’t dislike it at all but do not believe it is worth the current price at all when the Taurus is there

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I had a 322 for a good while as soon as they came out. It did nothing as good or better than the Taurus except optic cut which is not important to me and said sig on the side. I shot the tx better so moved the sig down the line to cut my losses. I also had to pay a decent premium to buy the first one I saw in the area. I may pic up another when prices come down a little. I didn’t dislike it at all but do not believe it is worth the current price at all when the Taurus is there

Part of it for me is that I picked up a P365 X Macro, so the P322 is closer to the same ergos as the Macro, which I may carry. Otherwise I'd say the Tx22 Compact checks every box.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Part of it for me is that I picked up a P365 X Macro, so the P322 is closer to the same ergos as the Macro, which I may carry. Otherwise I'd say the Tx22 Compact checks every box.
    Totally get that. I also thought about getting a 365 of some flavor to go with it to try to make me like it better than the tx and try to justify it as a trainer that way but in the end I couldn’t justify it. If you’re sold on the 365 platform long term it makes sense.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Totally get that. I also thought about getting a 365 of some flavor to go with it to try to make me like it better than the tx and try to justify it as a trainer that way but in the end I couldn’t justify it. If you’re sold on the 365 platform long term it makes sense.

Well, we'll see. I just picked up the macro over the weekend. I'm not sold that it will replace my Shield Plus as my summer carry option, but I need to get it to the range to see which I prefer. I'm hoping to get to a training class with them, or at least get out and do holster drills with both so I can decide if one option is better than the other.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Well, we'll see. I just picked up the macro over the weekend. I'm not sold that it will replace my Shield Plus as my summer carry option, but I need to get it to the range to see which I prefer. I'm hoping to get to a training class with them, or at least get out and do holster drills with both so I can decide if one option is better than the other.
    We did a little informal side-by-side comparison of a P322, TX22, Glock 44 and SW M&P 22c.

Putting aside the very nice Timney trigger in the G44, the P322 edged out the TX22 by just the slightest of margin and I would have to admit a little bias for Sig probably factored into that.

Bottom line is of the four mentioned, buy the one that works best in your hand but start with the TX22 and the P322.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    We did a little informal side-by-side comparison of a P322, TX22, Glock 44 and SW M&P 22c.

Putting aside the very nice Timney trigger in the G44, the P322 edged out the TX22 by just the slightest of margin and I would have to admit a little bias for Sig probably factored into that.

Bottom line is of the four mentioned, buy the one that works best in your hand but start with the TX22 and the P322.
    I agree the sig and tx are best starting points. The g44 and mp22 are for sure two to three steps behind right out of the box. Biggest complaint with sig is the mags suck to load and cause 99 percent of any mafunctions you see and it’s easy to mess it up. The few tx22 I’ve had and it shot just simply work always.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    I agree the sig and tx are best starting points. The g44 and mp22 are for sure two to three steps behind right out of the box. Biggest complaint with sig is the mags suck to load and cause 99 percent of any malfunctions you see and it’s easy to mess it up. The few tx22 I’ve had and it shot just simply work always.
    Same with the Glock mags.

They aren't "hard" to load just need to be loaded in a specific manner or else...lol

There is no question though that Taurus gives nothing up to any other polymer 22.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I'm a big proponent of the TX22. For a nice starter for new shooters, or a nice training weapon if you don't use a specific platform that would make you use another 22. If you carry a Glock, the G44 would be best. If you use a M&P 9c, the M&P 22c would be best. I carry a CZ P10C most of the time, so the TX22 works just fine for me. If I do switch over to carrying the Macro, I'll likely pick up a P322 to use as a trainer. Will continue to own and use the TX22 though, as I think it's a fantastic gun for training new shooters, which is the reason I picked one up.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Same with the Glock mags.

They aren't "hard" to load just need to be loaded in a specific manner or else...lol

There is no question though that Taurus gives nothing up to any other polymer 22.
    I agree which kinda makes me wanna puke every time I say tsurus is best at anything but if you look at them with no brand bias from the 80s-90s they are making stuff as nice if not nicer than all major brands

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    I agree which kinda makes me wanna puke every time I say tsurus is best at anything but if you look at them with no brand bias from the 80s-90s they are making stuff as nice if not nicer than all major brands
    Mine did have to have the original barrel replaced...so there is that...

I would assume the leading issues of the early barrels are well behind them?

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    I'm a big proponent of the TX22. For a nice starter for new shooters, or a nice training weapon if you don't use a specific platform that would make you use another 22. If you carry a Glock, the G44 would be best. If you use a M&P 9c, the M&P 22c would be best. I carry a CZ P10C most of the time, so the TX22 works just fine for me. If I do switch over to carrying the Macro, I'll likely pick up a P322 to use as a trainer. Will continue to own and use the TX22 though, as I think it's a fantastic gun for training new shooters, which is the reason I picked one up.
    I
    Mine did have to have the original barrel replaced...so there is that...

I would assume the leading issues of the early barrels are well behind them?
    i believe so. I got one at launch and never leaded at all. I called to see about serial numbers impacted and they sent me a new barrel bc of that. I’ve had a couple since and it’s never been a problem.

I’ve seen a lot more leading lately in all brands. I’m almost positive it’s the ammo companies using lower quality stuff and not really a barrel problem.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I get that, and I'm interested in a 322, but also like that the TX22 is actually striker fired, non fixed barrel, more overall like what I'm running with daily from that angle.

I have a TX22, and an M&P Compact 22.

I hands down prefer the TX22 to the M&P. More overall reliable in my shooting, and again striker vs internal hammer, etc. I also feel like the M&P ergos match more with a Shield than an centerfire M&P

I haven't shot a 322, so judgement still reserved.

I'm interested in the new compact TX22.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Forgot to mention, I have an AA kit (used to have 2), and it solved the need for me a long time ago that the G44 finally came around to handle. I no longer EDC a Glock, but still have some, including the 1 AA kit. Have never gotten around to shooting a G44 for that reason.

Even had my AA kit setup with similar sights to what I was using for the carry Glock at the time.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I hands down prefer the TX22 to the M&P. More overall reliable in my shooting, and again striker vs internal hammer, etc. I also feel like the M&P ergos match more with a Shield than an centerfire M&P
    This was the reason I didn't even try the M&P. Too small. Though my main pistol is a 2.0 Compact, the TX22C(in my case) matched better than the M&P did.

When I run drills, I run it first with the TX, then with my 2.0 Compact. I don't notice any detriment to the ergos between the two that cause me to have make any adjustments as I flip back and forth.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    This was the reason I didn't even try the M&P. Too small. Though my main pistol is a 2.0 Compact, the TX22C(in my case) matched better than the M&P did.

When I run drills, I run it first with the TX, then with my 2.0 Compact. I don't notice any detriment to the ergos between the two that cause me to have make any adjustments as I flip back and forth.
    Pretty much where I am as well. I like to warm up and get focused on things with my TX-22 and then move to the centerfire pistols on a given range trip. I also haven't noticed the ergos being a real problem.

Now if the 322 took 320 grip modules and there was a version matching up to the 365 series as well that took those grip modules, that would be the real deal.

mousegun87

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mead
    Ordered compact model today. Cuts seem to be weight offset for optic. The tx22 has been king of non target style 22s since it’s release and I expect nothing less from
    The compact model. Will give a report and let doddg do a detailed report when it get into rural king hopefully before too long.
    Great 22 pistol. I have one and know 2 other TX22 owners. It eats just about any 22LR ammo.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Got my tx22c today. Fits hand like a glove. Probably can’t shoot bc of rain but may run out just to dump a couple mags. Pretty much what I expected. As long as it runs like other tx I will have no qualms calling this the best polymer 22 on market and nothing is even close67A9E5E0-FD88-4893-AF47-71E1E39AAE6D.jpeg

0927C3D9-6071-4219-AC49-D06A80FC3683.jpeg

Top Bottom