• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Many guns are wrongly maligned by people who have never shot them. Hi Point, Taurus, Glock (kaboom... :D) etc... I have two Taurii (24/7, 709). And have no problems with them. You will hear a lot of "my cousin's ex-wife's brother in law knew a guy that said that gun XYZ sucks...".

Some guns of EVERY maker come out of the factory needing help. Some more than others. No disputing that. Further some factories are much better or worse than others. True of cars, guns, anything. (see Government Motors...) :D

I choose to believe only those who have a FIRST HAND experience with the weapon in question. And then, it only gets cred according to the respect that I have developed for that person's opinion.

Bottom line - If you have first hand EXPERIENCE? I'm all ears. Someone saying - "I don't like Glocks because they feel like a 2x4 in your hand..." THAT is rational and makes sense. Or even -" I had a problem with my Taurus 709 and sent it for a vacation back to the factory in Miami..." Mucho cred for that... but ZERO POINTS for "I've _heard_ that <INSERT GUN MAKER HERE> sucks /has problems/etc."

I'm sure you mean well... but solid experience is what I personally value.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom