• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tazman62

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    Which is a better choice and which one can I find cheap... I like the Idea that taurus had with the failed primer switch to Double Action.... What do you think about the 24/7 or the millinium pro? What should I expect for both used?

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    based on online reviews and talking to gun shop employees, those 2 lines seem to be the troublemakers in the taurus line. if the millennium is 3rd generation it should be ok. i had a pt145 for a little while and it was ok.....trigger really sucked though.

personally, i'd look for a used glock.

Tazman62

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    I really like the integrated lock as well... that seems like a great safety precaution for someone like me with curious kids in the house. thats kinda why I narrowed it down to the Taurus lines. they seem very safe and low cost..

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I am a Glock guy myself, but I have to say I have had nothing but good experiences with Taurus handguns. I know they have sort of a bad rep around here, but I have never had any issues with any Taurus I haved fired. My friend has a 24/7 that has been his EDC for several years now and he loves it. I have fired it many times And neither him nor I have had any malfunctions with it. I have less personal experience with the Millinium series, but the little experience I do have is good. Personally I would prefer the 24/7 but both are good guns. Just my :twocents: Good luck with your decision :ingo:

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    The 24/7 has a slightly higher mag capacity I believe. The 24/7 has different barrel lengths to choose from as well. I am sure there are more differences, but that is all I can think of at this time. Plus I just got off of work :)

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    The latest generation of both, are pretty much the same, the 24/7 has a rail, and is a hair bigger; other than that, the differences are cosmetic.

I myself, have two from the 24/7 line, a compact 9mm, and an OSS 9mm; both run perfect, and shoot great.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I would recommend checking out the Taurus company website. They will have all the specs you could want. And they will be accurate! ;)

Tazman62

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    From what I have I have read I think Im going to go shopping for a 24/7 today..... who knows I might find one I like.... If I do find one... It will be my 1st handgun and with my new permit

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I have a PT145 Millenium Pro that I got off my GF who needed something more compact. I haven't shot it a bunch but I liked the way it handled. It fit my hand fairly well and out of the box I was as good with it as I am with my regular carry gun. My very first pistol was a PT99 and I carried it for 2-3 years until I sold it to fund getting into reloading. Bought it back a year later :D Taurus is not top of the line, but I've always found them to be good value for the money. I've owned 5-6 over the years including some revolvers and haven't had any complaints with any of them.

I'd be carrying the Taurus now except that I already have 2 higher caliber compact guns that I carry (Walther PPS .40 and Glock 29 10mm).

Tazman62

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    I just noticed there are 24/7 G2's..... are they available now? it seems some of the G2's hav a decocker and adjustable back straps.. I think Im going to be running around with around 350 cash; Does that seem reasonable for a taurus 24/7 or the newer G2? I cant seem to find any real base for prices....

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    350 would probably be close to the Millinium series like the pt111, but I think it may be a bit short of the 24/7 models. Im not sure what area you are in though and what kind of shops you have. Either way, 350 is a very nice start and you should have it in no time. If that is what you really want, I wouldnt buy something else just because you can get it for 350

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    The latest generation 24/7's do have a Decocker, it will be designated by a DS (Decocker Safety) on the slide in the model name. If you are after a 4" regular size 24/7 it will say “24/7 Pro DS” on the slide, the compacts say “24/7 Pro C DS” on the slide. One more thing, the decocker is built into the safety, so when you push the safety up beyond safe, it will click and the cocking indicator on the back of the gun will go in indicating decocked.

Depending on where you are located, check out Midwest gun exchange in Mishawaka, I recently got an email from them about a Taurus sale. I don't think you'll have much trouble getting one for around $350

Also don't look for the G2's till the end of the year, Taurus is pretty regular about releasing their guns then, plus I'm sure they'll have a pretty good price premium over the regular 24/7's.

Last edited:

Tazman62

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    Gander Mountain said they didnt have one and used they would be around $500. How is that possible? A Used gun more expensive than new? Something doesnt seem right. Guess I will try Bradis next.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    With your $350 budget, it has occurred to me that you might want to try to find a Ruger P95 and handle it to see what you think. I'm a huge Taurus fan, but these two guns do have a share of dissatisfied owners. I'm not one of them, I liked my Millenium Pro .45, but it never did seem as well built to me as their revolvers or PT99s/92s, or any Ruger.

The Ruger has an outstanding reputation for reliability, ruggedness, and accuracy. It's an extremely solid gun, for a heck of a price. And it's American made. I like the gun enough that I've been considering selling my beloved and beautiful revolver to buy a new one. It's smaller, lighter, and shoots 9mm, much cheaper than .38s or .45s. And brand spanking new blued models can be had for your $350 budget.... including tax.

Tazman62

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    I've called Bradis, Plainfield, Gander Mountain, and even god forbid Don's and no one has what Im looking for...

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom