• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sartwell

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    New Haven
    I've never been a Glock fan. Never owned or wanted one. For some reason unknown to me, I'm thinking I need a Glock 36 for an EDC. Help me !

rbrthenderson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The Moon
    4474065261_4f95455a3d_z.jpg

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    You could always get the new Springfield XDs .45.

That thing is slightly smaller then the Glock 36.

I'm a die hard Glock guy but you said you wanted us to talk you out of the G36.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I like Glock pistols but the 36 is the last model I'd own again. Of all the Glocks, it's the most finicky and prone to problems.

witdog2020

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Muncie
    Well, I talk myself out of buying just buy waiting 3 days to see if I still want it. lol If I want it, I always think of hunting and something I may need for hunting. So that way I am buying some that I believe I need rather than something I want. I can't help ya, just go bowlin. lol

vette3667

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2009
    I just typed a long reply and had timed out by the time I got done.Guess I'll try again ;)

I may take some heat for this but I have had bad luck with Glock. I first bought a 19 from a friend. This is the single stack 45 if your not familiar with it. I had 3 FTF/FTE through about 6 boxes. I traded it for an XD9.

A couple years later I started thinking it might have been the single stack feed or something wrong with that particular gun. Once again I thought I was missing out and bought a 30 brand new. I put exactly 2 boxes of ammo through it and again had 3 FTF/FTE (odd same failure number with a different count through it I know.) I just traded it on the Sig in the pic to the left.

I've read that it could be I'm limp wristing it but I don't think that's the case. I'm aware of what I'm doing, it doesn't happen with any other guns, and I'm a big guy. I may just have had bad luck but after looking up negative reviews on Glocks there are plenty out there. I follow "Nutnfancy" on Youtube and he is a huge glock fan. In one of his videos he even has a couple failures on a single run. I'm sure there are a lot that are fine but I just don't have the confidence in the brand to carry Glock.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Luke, buy a Sig! (small squeaky voice) "Useless it is! He has not the discipline to weild the sabre of a true Jedi! Wasted! My time is, I fear."
    He is young and his mind is undisciplined, but the force is strong in him! You can help him, Master! DAMMIT, Luke, buy a Sig!....

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    I may take some heat for this but I have had bad luck with Glock. I first bought a 19 from a friend. This is the single stack 45 if your not familiar with it. I had 3 FTF/FTE through about 6 boxes. I traded it for an XD9.
    You may not take heat for the trade, but I am not sure you can bad mouth Glocks's 19 for not shooting 45s that well. After all, it is designed to shoot 9mm. Maybe confused with a different gun? Single stack 45? Glock 19? Glock? I guess I am not familiar with it.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    You may not take heat for the trade, but I am not sure you can bad mouth Glocks's 19 for not shooting 45s that well. After all, it is designed to shoot 9mm. Maybe confused with a different gun? Single stack 45? Glock 19? Glock? I guess I am not familiar with it.
    Never seen one of them G19's in .45 either:D

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom