Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Don't Do It!

If you're wanting a small capacity, slim, easily concealable .45, get a (another) 1911. At least that way, you'll have something pleasant to look at, to be proud of, and won't be ashamed to show off.:D

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    Man you have come to the wrong place to be talked out of a gun purchase. I think my wife is still miffed about my last purchase.

I was going to buy my son a Glock but then decided on the M&P9c. I have even taken posession of it yet and I would still like to have a glock. But that is my "sickness". I just love them all and can't stop. As soon as I have one then I want another won. Is there some kind of AA class for this sickness?

Sorry, but my advice would be get an M&P and a glock. If thaat doesn't help, pick up an XD also:):

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    I was going to buy my son a Glock but then decided on the M&P9c. I have even taken posession of it yet and I would still like to have a glock. But that is my "sickness". I just love them all and can't stop. As soon as I have one then I want another won. Is there some kind of AA class for this sickness?

No, but we can start a chapter. We can call it Gun Owners Anonynmous. GOA.

Ah crap, those initials are already taken. Nevermind.

vette3667

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2009
    You may not take heat for the trade, but I am not sure you can bad mouth Glocks's 19 for not shooting 45s that well. After all, it is designed to shoot 9mm. Maybe confused with a different gun? Single stack 45? Glock 19? Glock? I guess I am not familiar with it.

Ya, kinda takes some support form my case lol. I didn't recall the model and for some reason 19 came to mind (obviously not right). I was hustling because I timed out on the reply before that. To my knowledge Glock doesn't make a single stack 9 so honest mistake. It was the single stack 45 which I believe is the 36?

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Glocks are evil killing machines that are turning everyday neighborhoods into killing fields. Turn the other way and spend the money on your family or better yet use it to support the Brady campaign and get evil guns out of this country and out of the citizen's hands.

Hey you said talk you out of it! ;)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    If you want to store leftovers, Tupperware is great. If you want a gun that your great-great grandchildren will look at in awe, thinking how much of a bad ass their great grand pappy was, go with an all steel gun. You owe it to your heirs to carry something that will last generations.

Remember, if Josey Wales had owned Glocks, there would never have been a movie. He would have dug a couple of melted puddles of polymer with steel bits from his burnt house and then wondered off into the woods unarmed. Now, instead of that silly Glock, go an buy yourself a pair of Colt Walkers and back them up with a pair of 1860 Armys.

Those are the best arguments I can come up with.

rolodetective

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ehhh....glocks are good guns, can't really deny that....they're just not real sexy. Kinda like an old Honda Civic. It'll get you where you want to go, most anyone can get one and no one will really be that impressed when you show it to them. :D

Rolo

vette3667

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2009
    I'm glad to see everyone isn't a Glock fanboy. I thought I was the only one that didn't care for them.

Top Bottom