'Tactical clothing' >>> pants. Tell me about them.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    I've looked at a few brands, but what does one look for in such pants?

What brands?
    What style/amenities?
    How many pockets? Locations an issue?

Sorry for the barrage, just interested in buying some that last and cover several 'uses' from range to drills.

MattCFII

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Danville
    I like TruSpec 24/7 pants. They don't look too tacticool and are a good price. The cargo pockets have subpockets in them that hold AR mags.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    For years I resisted buying 5.11 pants, but the damn things are pretty damn practical.

I like the 5.11 Tac-lite Pros, this is what I wear when I shoot a USPSA match as they are comfortable, lite and have plenty of pockets for mags and what not.

Plus, they make my ass look great!

eta: 5.11 Tactical TacLite Pro Pants PLUS FREE BELT are in stock now. 511 Tactical is the #1 choice of the operator. If you use the promo code " MAY09 " and place your order before midnight tonight, you will get an extra 15% off which pretty much covers shipping. If you buy more than one 5.11 item you get a few other goodies as well.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    The classic 5.11 pant is what I wear. They are nice and comfortable and like the front mag pocket, it is great for a 1911 mag.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    For years I resisted buying 5.11 pants, but the damn things are pretty damn practical.

I like the 5.11 Tac-lite Pros, this is what I wear when I shoot a USPSA match as they are comfortable, lite and have plenty of pockets for mags and what not.

eta: 5.11 Tactical TacLite Pro Pants PLUS FREE BELT are in stock now. 511 Tactical is the #1 choice of the operator. If you use the promo code " MAY09 " and place your order before midnight tonight, you will get an extra 15% off which pretty much covers shipping. If you buy more than one 5.11 item you get a few other goodies as well.

I have no opinion on anything here except the part about your ass looking great.:D

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    :postpics:

This thread has turned akward... I feel left out. I have never seen it.

No. . . that's NOT Jeff Saturday. . .

P1010028.jpg

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    I wear (in a business-casual environment) Woolrich Tactical Khaki pants. I can't have cargo pockets, so I wear these for the super-huge pockets they provide..

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I normally just wear BDU-pattern trousers for classes and when I'm working at the shop. On "casual Fridays" at the office (if it's an FNS night) I'll wear Propper Tac Pants, which are much more heavy-duty, tighter fitting and more professional looking. From what I understand, they are quite similar to the 5.11s and EOTACs, but are less costly.

homeless

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    indy
    EMT pants are some of the bet functioning tacticool pants I have put on, that and they match my stethiscope. However when I am on the street or in the shop I wear dickies because I am that high drag low speed, but most of them do have cargo pockets with inner pockets for stuff. I wear dickies button up shirts too, the front pockets are great smokes on the right and pocket protector full of inks sticks, punches, and scribes on the other.

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis

----------------------------------------------------

Too much information!!!! Pleeeeze, NO pictures.

And yes, I like the 5.11 pants and shorts. Great fit and can be purchased on sale at many on-line stores.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana

Thanks BigCraig. I just ordered two pairs of 511 pants w free shipping and hat. very cool!

Nick

Top Bottom