'Tactical clothing' >>> pants. Tell me about them.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I'm a big fan of the Sigtac pants. I have them in khaki and olive.

My usual carry is a 1911 with a Kahr P9 bug, two knives, extra mags, a flashlight on the port side, wallet and cell phone on port side thigh pocket and IBD on the starboard side thigh pocket.

Pants are very rugged and comfortable. Have used them in pistol, carbine, shotgun and rifle classes with no complaints in all kinds of weather.

SIG SAUER Pants: SigTac Pants (Olive): Clothing_

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I just ordered 2 pairs of the 5.11 pants, looking forward to getting them. I've been sitting on the fence for a long time thinking about it, this thread just pushed me to do it. Entered coupon code "gear" at checkout and got free shipping/return shipping/and a hat! Can't beat two pairs of these pants to my door for $79.90. Hopefully they live up to their hype, I've heard plenty of good things about them. Thanks for the link bigcraig, rep'd!

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    I just ordered 2 pairs of the 5.11 pants, looking forward to getting them. I've been sitting on the fence for a long time thinking about it, this thread just pushed me to do it. Entered coupon code "gear" at checkout and got free shipping/return shipping/and a hat! Can't beat two pairs of these pants to my door for $79.90. Hopefully they live up to their hype, I've heard plenty of good things about them. Thanks for the link bigcraig, rep'd!

You should also get some other 5.11 swag as well, like a travel mug and a set of knee pads that will fit in the pants you bought.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    You should also get some other 5.11 swag as well, like a travel mug and a set of knee pads that will fit in the pants you bought.

I forgot about the knee pads, I know both pairs come with a belt, I think the mug was only if you spent over $125 on 5.11 Tactical items, but we'll see. Either way, free shipping and belts is a plus, so is the hat. I can't complain, hopefully they'll fit right and I'll like them! Thanks again for sharing the link.

SgtChromeDome

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Daniel, if you end up getting any of the "Back-up Belt" system accessories, let me know what you think of them will you? I'm getting new 5.11 uniform trousers and may opt to use this system, depending on what real people think.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Daniel, if you end up getting any of the "Back-up Belt" system accessories, let me know what you think of them will you? I'm getting new 5.11 uniform trousers and may opt to use this system, depending on what real people think.

Will do, I'm already eyeing the accessories. I'll have a better idea once I have the pants, but I'll keep you posted.

Bshaw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Kokomo
    Tac Pants

I have worn 5:11 for years and I am a big fan of them but I recently purchased a pair of FORCE cargos from Steven R. Jenkins in Indy and they are pretty damn nice also
    they are definetly worth looking at

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    5.11 Taclite Pants

I just received my order from LA Police Gear Tactical Gear featuring 5.11 Tactical, Galco, Surefire and Blackhawk, I ordered two pairs of the Taclite Pants (one Tundra and one Coyote) , which both came with free TDU belts. I also received a free pair of soft foam 5.11 kneepad inserts, a free pair of 9'' Level 1 5.11 socks, a free LAPoliceGear OD American Flag hat, and free shipping / return shipping if necessary. Luckily everything fit well, I can't be much more impressed with these pants. For $40 a pair, I'm amazed at all of the different innovations and storage options these pants offer. I'm already considering ordering some more pants and definitely some more of these socks soon! I've been buying Snap-On socks for almost 4 years now and hadn't found anything as good until these 5.11's. I don't know if they'll hold up as long as the Snap-On socks will, but the 5.11's are made from 80% coolmax fibers, which wicks moisture away from your feet. I'm anxious to see how they do.

Thanks again for the link bigcraig! I appreciate it!

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    After reading this thread a week or so ago and seeing the good reviews for the 5.11 TacLite pants I decided to give them a try. Ordered three pair to see how I liked them.

One pair came with the belt, the other two did not. Sent an email to customer service and received a reply the next day. Apparently some of the pants were missing the belts from 5.11 when they shipped them to LA Police Gear. The pleasant lady said she would ship me the missing belts and thanks for my comments (she would pass them along). Now that's good service!

My comments were: the pants fit great and are very comfortable. My only negative comment was the pants should have a 2" adjustment in them so you could either IWB carry comfortably (instead of buying bigger pants and getting a baggy butt) or cinch them up for OWB carry.

Overall, I would give these a 5 on a scale of 5.

The nice cap and knee pads were a great addition also.

I will be ordering more in the near future.

Last edited:

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County

Sorry, after flipping through the LA Police Gear 5.11 catalog that came with my order I realized the pants I ordered don't offer that feature/function. I'm looking into the B-U-Belt systems now, they appear to really be quite practical, albeit a little pricey. :twocents:

Top Bottom