• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    Enfields are still pretty reasonably prices and IMHO, they are the smoothest and fastest shooting of the WWII bolt actions rifles because of the cock-on-close bolt action and 10 round magazine. British .303 ammo is getting harder to find; but, I still find a bargin now and then.

David

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    Enfields are still pretty reasonably prices and IMHO, they are the smoothest and fastest shooting of the WWII bolt actions rifles because of the cock-on-close bolt action and 10 round magazine. British .303 ammo is getting harder to find; but, I still find a bargin now and then.

Or an M1917 Eddystone, essentially an Enfield chambered in 30-06. I just picked up an original unsporterized Eddystone for under $400, they are nice shooting guns.

JWAS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Dayton
    I would say an Enfield.... but also, i just found a SVT40 at a gun shop that really made me wish I had funds for any kind of guns. :(

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Ishapore in India made a lot of Enfields on contract during the war. In the 60's, the Indian military decided to adopt an FAL type, but the prevailing wisdom was the FAL was overkill for police use, so Ishapore redesigned types 4 and 5 with appropriate alloys and drafts to take the 7.62x51. These are the 2A1 rifles, and are not rechambers. You'll see them called types 6 and 7, the 7 being the "jungle carbine". I have one and it's like a prototype of the Ruger "scout rifle". The bolt is so sweet, left handed I can unload it in 15 seconds with aimed shots on the iron sights. I've finagled a scope mount on it, and though it remains to be seen how well it holds zero, just know it's possible.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    I would say an Enfield.... but also, i just found a SVT40 at a gun shop that really made me wish I had funds for any kind of guns. :(

Bradis had a nice svt40 about a month ago, I did some research and they did have a lot of gas feed problems, Now the vast majority had been reworked.. But it scared me bad about getting one with out giving it a good test before hand.

BUUUT it was a beautiful rifle

PriestEG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    Indianapolis
    so many choices listed and i like alot of them. thanks for the info gents but i think im gonna look for either an M1 Carbine or maybe a garand depending on what kind of deal i can find. wont be getting as big of a tax return as i had hoped for so it kinda cuts down on my options

Top Bottom