• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    These damn kids 20 years ago and their rap music!

I liked it. The game was good. I did fall asleep, but it was way past my bedtime. Good to see Stafford win one, and hopefully Burrow will eventually too.
    IKR. That was all music from my youth.

It was weird to hear Snoop and Dre rap without the N word.

I don't care for halftime shows, but this was one of the better ones.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I think the key word of the night was, um..."thicc?"

Them girls eats a lot of beans 'n taters. Sir Mix woulda fit right in.

,,,figuratively, of course,,,

Last edited:

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    "Rap" and "Hip Hop" is music?
    My favorite current blues artist and one of my favorite guitarists of any genre, Buddy Guy, would say "no". During his concerts, he plays a medley of songs, tracing the family tree of rock and roll from Robert Johnson and Son House through Hendrix, Clapton and some of today's artists.

During the medley, he talks about his promise to his mentor and hero, Muddy Waters, to keep the blues alive. He also wonders about how some things get tons of airplay, while you are hard-pressed to find the blues at all in many markets. He goes on to say that he likes and respects all kinds of music; he called country music "the rural blues".

However, his opinion of rap/hip-hop is that they are *not* music, but "urban poetry". He does not disparage the talents of those artists, but those talents are not musical.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My favorite current blues artist and one of my favorite guitarists of any genre, Buddy Guy, would say "no". During his concerts, he plays a medley of songs, tracing the family tree of rock and roll from Robert Johnson and Son House through Hendrix, Clapton and some of today's artists.

During the medley, he talks about his promise to his mentor and hero, Muddy Waters, to keep the blues alive. He also wonders about how some things get tons of airplay, while you are hard-pressed to find the blues at all in many markets. He goes on to say that he likes and respects all kinds of music; he called country music "the rural blues".

However, his opinion of rap/hip-hop is that they are *not* music, but "urban poetry". He does not disparage the talents of those artists, but those talents are not musical.
    As was displayed by the "Artist" (no idea his name....if he has one) that muttered and uttered at the ground and did what we referred to as the chicken walk. Not one legible word and no real music attached.
    Hey, if you actually like that mindless crap then good on you.
    M&M had the best segment as there were real instruments being played by live people not some noise generated from a mixing board. Still hard to follow any lyrics.

r3126

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Indy westside
    How did you start watching the recording before the game was over? :scratch:
    Recording set up to start at kickoff time. Turned TV off. Later, when I wanted to start watching, turned system on, selected recordings, cued it up and watched from start while system continued to record in real time. Paused when I wanted to and fast forwarded when I wanted to. Sorry on long delay in replying. I'm not very attentive.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Recording set up to start at kickoff time. Turned TV off. Later, when I wanted to start watching, turned system on, selected recordings, cued it up and watched from start while system continued to record in real time. Paused when I wanted to and fast forwarded when I wanted to. Sorry on long delay in replying. I'm not very attentive.
    No worries! I just didn't even know that was possible! :thumbsup:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I know I can record multiple shows at the same time, so does that mean mine is mult-channel?
    So next football season you can have Sunday dinner until 2:00 pm then start the game and finish live with everyone else. It is like buying back an hour of your life. I miss mine from when we cut cable…

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    So next football season you can have Sunday dinner until 2:00 pm then start the game and finish live with everyone else. It is like buying back an hour of your life. I miss mine from when we cut cable…
    Hell, that's not a problem. I usually have lunch between 11 and 12, and I don't eat supper. :):

wingrider1800

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Harrison County
    If you stream youtube tv you can watch just about anything that is available at anytime without any type of recorder. A ball game can be live, you can restart, watch it live or watch it later.

Top Bottom