• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I remember when rap/hip-hop was still in its early days back in the 80's. Used to rib the black guys I worked with about it back then. Run DMC was one of the more popular groups and I used to do my own "rhyme". "We're Run DMC and we'd like to rock! But we can't sing so we have to talk!" :):

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Watched the halftime show and was wishing that I could have been the one running the sound board. Would have been able to hear the "singers" much better.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Sure, like "Pop" it is music from those with no discernable talent for those with no discernable taste.
    Shouting words with no melody to them at all, to a synthesized drum beat really doesn't qualify as "music" IMHO. At best, it could be considered "spoken word poetry". At least "Pop" has a melody (usually).

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Wth !? Snoop and m&m was going to pull the willies out during halftime show.

Was gonna post but don’t want hammer time.

But you can google it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I know some on here don't watch Football, but for some reason I do...as to that I was rooting for the Rams, because I like Matt Stafford...he suffered through 12 years as a Detroit Lion...I always thought he was too good for them...this shows it! Anyway to the point of the Halftime show....am I the only one who didn't understand any of the words, or get any of the....ah....so called music?
    No you were not.
    I heard no real music. Maybe M&M as he had real musicians with him so that was close.
    The rest was mindless and illegible.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I didn't watch any of the event. No game/commercials/half time show. With that said, I would have enjoyed it. If you didn't like it, it wasn't meant for you. It was meant for my generation. From the posts I've seen on FB, my age group loved the halftime show.

Edit to add:
    FB_IMG_1644884382620.jpg

Last edited:

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Shouting words with no melody to them at all, to a synthesized drum beat really doesn't qualify as "music" IMHO. At best, it could be considered "spoken word poetry". At least "Pop" has a melody (usually).
    Like beat poetry of the 60s, with a little Alan Ginsberg for leavening?

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I have more respect for rappers than most Pop stars, at least the rappers don't even pretend they can sing. Their "poetry" doesn't mean a whole lot to me but neither do the lyrics of Pop songs.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    There were some amazing entrepreneurs on that stage, no matter your feelings on their music…
    You are spelling 'entrepreneurs' 'escaped felons' aren't you?

With this bunch, the only rap comes from 'rap sheet'.

Anyone get the irony of the NFL paying Eminem to kneel for 60secs?

Top Bottom