18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Probably won't see this on the networks :ar15:

College Student Shoots, Kills Home Invader - News Story - WSB Atlanta
    College Student Shoots, Kills Home Invader
    Posted: 4:53 pm EDT May 4, 2009
    Updated: 6:41 pm EDT May 4, 2009

COLLEGE PARK, Ga. -- A group of college students said they are lucky to be alive and they’re thanking the quick-thinking of one of their own. Police said a fellow student shot and killed one of two masked me who burst into an apartment.

Channel 2 Action News reporter Tom Jones met with one of the students to talk about the incident.
    “Apparently, his intent was to rape and murder us all,” said student Charles Bailey.

VIDEO LINK >>> TOM JONES: College Student Shoots, Kills Home Invader

Bailey said he thought it was the end of his life and the lives of the 10 people inside his apartment for a birthday party after two masked men with guns burst in through a patio door.

“They just came in and separated the men from the women and said, ‘Give me your wallets and cell phones,’” said George Williams of the College Park Police Department.
    Bailey said the gunmen started counting bullets. “The other guy asked how many (bullets) he had. He said he had enough,” said Bailey.​
    That’s when one student grabbed a gun out of a backpack and shot at the invader who was watching the men. The gunman ran out of the apartment.

The student then ran to the room where the second gunman, identified by police as 23-year-old Calvin Lavant, was holding the women. “Apparently the guy was getting ready to rape his girlfriend. So he told the girls to get down and he started shooting. The guy jumped out of the window,” said Bailey.

A neighbor heard the shots and heard someone running nearby. “And I heard someone say, ‘Someone help me. Call the police. Somebody call the police,’” said a neighbor.

The neighbor said she believes it was Lavant, who was found dead near his apartment, only one building away. Bailey said he is just thankful one student risked his life to keep others alive.

“I think all of us are really cognizant of the fact that we could have all been killed,” said Bailey.

One female student was shot several times during the crossfire. She is expected to make a full recovery.

Police said they are close to making the arrest of the second suspect.​

millsusaf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Carmel
    Good for him. Too bad it will not get the national attention it deserves. We should send the news story to every one we know, including the media.

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    Probably won't see this on the networks :ar15:

College Student Shoots, Kills Home Invader - News Story - WSB Atlanta
    College Student Shoots, Kills Home Invader
    Posted: 4:53 pm EDT May 4, 2009
    Updated: 6:41 pm EDT May 4, 2009

COLLEGE PARK, Ga. -- A group of college students said they are lucky to be alive and they’re thanking the quick-thinking of one of their own. Police said a fellow student shot and killed one of two masked me who burst into an apartment.

Channel 2 Action News reporter Tom Jones met with one of the students to talk about the incident.
    “Apparently, his intent was to rape and murder us all,” said student Charles Bailey.
    VIDEO LINK >>> TOM JONES: College Student Shoots, Kills Home Invader

Bailey said he thought it was the end of his life and the lives of the 10 people inside his apartment for a birthday party after two masked men with guns burst in through a patio door.

“They just came in and separated the men from the women and said, ‘Give me your wallets and cell phones,’” said George Williams of the College Park Police Department.
    Bailey said the gunmen started counting bullets. “The other guy asked how many (bullets) he had. He said he had enough,” said Bailey.​
    That’s when one student grabbed a gun out of a backpack and shot at the invader who was watching the men. The gunman ran out of the apartment.

The student then ran to the room where the second gunman, identified by police as 23-year-old Calvin Lavant, was holding the women. “Apparently the guy was getting ready to rape his girlfriend. So he told the girls to get down and he started shooting. The guy jumped out of the window,” said Bailey.

A neighbor heard the shots and heard someone running nearby. “And I heard someone say, ‘Someone help me. Call the police. Somebody call the police,’” said a neighbor.

The neighbor said she believes it was Lavant, who was found dead near his apartment, only one building away. Bailey said he is just thankful one student risked his life to keep others alive.

“I think all of us are really cognizant of the fact that we could have all been killed,” said Bailey.

One female student was shot several times during the crossfire. She is expected to make a full recovery.

Police said they are close to making the arrest of the second suspect.​

GOOD FOR HIM OUTSTANDING!!!! I hope this story is submitted to the NRA they need these types of stories.

Now the bad part........ Sorry!!!!

You know damn good and well that even though this person saved this woman's life he is going to be sued in a civil court now. I hope it doesn't happen!!!! Thank God Indiana has a Good Samaritan Law...:twocents:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Won't somebody think of the rights of those poor men? They were good boys who'd never hurt anyone! I'm sure they just wandered into the apartment by accident and were just looking for directions to the nearest gas station. To be set upon and shot by some maniac with a gun when all they wanted was a little gas money!

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    Won't somebody think of the rights of those poor men? They were good boys who'd never hurt anyone! I'm sure they just wandered into the apartment by accident and were just looking for directions to the nearest gas station. To be set upon and shot by some maniac with a gun when all they wanted was a little gas money!

When did you take a job with ABC,NBC,CNN ?????:laugh:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Good for him. Too bad it will not get the national attention it deserves. We should send the news story to every one we know, including the media.

And that is why I posted this on the forums I participate in, including and especially the "Catholic Answers" forum. It is critical that this type of news gets out to the NON-Gun population, or to the NON-Gun-Enthusiast population where there may be a gun in the house but the owner keeps it hidden and unused. We need to MAINSTREAM articles like this. One of the best ways we can do that is to put it in front of the general population.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The SICKEST thing about this?

Google "Calvin Lavant" and you'll see a bunch of gang banger with "RIP CJ" or RIP Calvin on their myspace pages.

RIP??? REST IN HELL!!!!!

picture3u.png

picture4yhg.png

I praise the other student's desire to live and help others, though! Good Job.

Biohazard

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    central indiana
    Following are some e-mail for different new stations.

talk2us@wsbtv.com
    The station that aired the story. I e-mailed asking if there was a point-of-contact (2nd/3rd party) to send the college student a letter of support. I also thanked them for reporting the story.

Fox 59 in Indianapolis
    eveningnews@fox59.com
    lmrosenthal@tribune.com
    Sent them the link with a polite request for some local coverage of the story.

Channel 6 in Indianapolis
    jack_rinehart@wrtv.com
    sheldon_ripson@wrtv.com
    Sent them the link with a polite request for some local coverage of the story.

NRA Armed Citizen
    armedcitizen@nrahq.org
    But it's a bit like preaching to the choir. The only people that read it are gun people.

Take 5 minutes (literally less than that) and e-mail channel 6 and 59. Do it between commercial breaks of American Idol :D Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Last edited:

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    You know what's REALLY sad? I was actually expecting some sort or twist where the hero was currently in jail awaiting trial for misuse of a firearm. Damn the system these days

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    Wow, imagine a man getting ready to rape your girlfriend/fiance/wife! The thought of rape just gets me so angry; I'm glad these guys got what they deserved, thank God for the quick thinking man who defended all of their lives.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    It says she lives in a carboard box, that is only thing I got from all of this! Way to go to the student, absolutely! Rep's to Melensdad, yup, but we all know damn well this is going to be spun into a racial hate crime and a gun nut murder.

**shakes his head, eyes to the earth, with a deep sign**

The SICKEST thing about this?

Google "Calvin Lavant" and you'll see a bunch of gang banger with "RIP CJ" or RIP Calvin on their myspace pages.

RIP??? REST IN HELL!!!!!

picture3u.png

picture4yhg.png

I praise the other student's desire to live and help others, though! Good Job.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    The national media and some local media go to great lengths to censor or twist reporting on incidents with firearms. They might report that a robbery was thwarted, but they don't mention that it was stopped because the clerk pulled a gun.

I lived in Colorado Springs when they had a church shooting by a guy with an AR. A massacre was stopped because a woman with a carry permit shot him. The story went to great lengths to portray her as some kind of a security guard, when people I knew who knew the story said she had no official capacity as a security guard.

They don't want to disturb the myth that citizens defending themselves with a gun is more dangerous than compliance.

JPY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Muncie
    And that is why I posted this on the forums I participate in, including and especially the "Catholic Answers" forum. It is critical that this type of news gets out to the NON-Gun population, or to the NON-Gun-Enthusiast population where there may be a gun in the house but the owner keeps it hidden and unused. We need to MAINSTREAM articles like this. One of the best ways we can do that is to put it in front of the general population.

Just posted this to my facebook. Should be interesting to see if I get any responses from my more, um, "liberal" friends.

Top Bottom