• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    When you outlaw marching bands, only outlaws will have marching bands...

Seriously, that's pretty crappy of the neighbors. Let them play a song or two and then go back to sleep for cryin' out loud!

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    Band members and directors practice, practice and do it over and over....
    Rain, wind, in the dark under street lights, when their not feeling well and occasionally in the sunshine.

Thats whats required to be competitive and their hard work paid off once again.

Had I known of this 30-year tradition and their location,
    I would have provided donuts and hot chocolate!
    And I live in Center Grove.

Bunch of winers.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    People need to get over it. For decades we've bread a self centered religion of "me-first" in this country. I don't like getting woken up any earlier than normal, but for goodness sake, these kids were doing absolutely nothing wrong.

In before reports that neighbors and partents of band members got into a fight.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Some people just seem to have the stick permanently installed in the ass. I would've gone out to see what was up, but wound up appreciating what they do and applauding the dedication. Cut loose, have some fun. Make it part of a good day, not part of a bad day.

thej27

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    I bet some of the complaining neighbors are the same ones that wake everyone else up when they mow their lawns right at the crack of dawn no matter what time it is.

bmmyers08

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Danville
    id be pissed too. idk if i would have called the cops but they were intentionally disturbing the peace. they should have taken all the neighbors into consideration. there are more appropiate times and places to pull pranks on someone. if they band director lived where he had no neighbors then go for it. but is it really ok to wake up a neighborhood just so u can have a laugh? i know up people getting arrested for disturbing the peace...and they didnt wake up a whole neighborhood.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Man, that's it, I'm burying a marching band in the backyard, so I can dig it up when... wait, that doesn't sound right.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Maybe I'm just a cranky old fart but If a marching band started blasting in front of my house at 6am on a Sunday morning, I'm pretty sure they would find out exactly how much I disliked it.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    INGO member Arm America is right. Those who complained and called the cops (and some of you posters, too)... are a bunch of whiners.

My wife & I live right next door to the bus terminal for Pike Township School buses. I believe there are over 70 buses operating out of there. They start revving their engines (at least half are deisel).... at 5:30 AM, five days a week. Then they spend over an hour, parading one-by-one out the exit at the parking area, and right past our bedroom window. Each bus makes so much noise taking off out of there, it rattles our windows and the stuff hanging on our walls. Oh good, the kids are back in school...... :xmad:

Personally, I would love to replace their noise.... with a competent marching band. Get over it!

** :popcorn:Waiting for the flames to start now.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I'd be surprised if any weren't diesel now; you'd have some really old buses. Diesel doesn't tend to set the kids on fire. Parents hate that. Don't know what it is about them. Uptight, I think.

Top Bottom