• Status
    Not open for further replies.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    totally outta the market back in August of 2015.

Not in it - and won't be in it.

I've been stacking silver since 2010.

Dollars/cash has nothing backing it.

No gold standard...nothing.

Once that bubble pops we'll be papering the walls of our houses with 100 dollar bills....like the German Marks

I like to hold on to something of value - silver fills that need.

YMMV

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I have a bank note somewhere here for a couple million third reich marks or maybe it is a couple billion, don't remember. My dad brought it back from WWII.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I've had good luck this year playing the volatility of bitcoin (GBTC). I've flipped about 60% profits with it twice so far. It seems any time it gets around 8-ish is the time to buy and any time it pops around 12-ish is time to sell. It's done that 3 times in the last 12 months like clockwork. I just sold my position last week at $12.50 and will buy again when it drops again.

Past conversations in this thread have led me to believe that folks here are more on the investing side than the trading side, so... YMMV. I don't think I'd consider taking any long and strong positions in anything right now.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    I have a bank note somewhere here for a couple million third reich marks or maybe it is a couple billion, don't remember. My dad brought it back from WWII.

I'm a quadrillionaire in Zimbabwe!

10 x $100,000,000,000,000 notes in an envelope somewhere in my office. I don't really give a crap because they aren't worth anything.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    With all the new accounts of late and fractional trading, have any of you's guys been wondering how many of the accounts aren't really people at all? As in a gazillion little puffs in a plumping op?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    With all the new accounts of late and fractional trading, have any of you's guys been wondering how many of the accounts aren't really people at all? As in a gazillion little puffs in a plumping op?

:dunno:

I tried to Google that...

[h=1]Pink Puff Plumping Gloss[/h]
    Pink_Puff_540x.JPG

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana

I don't really think the money managers need to go to that extreme just to manipulate stock prices. If Warren Buffet even opens his mouth, let alone makes a move, the markets respond anyhow. Look what Markopolis did to GE last summer...

In this case, I believe pretty much what I've been reading. Lots of bored millennials with smart phones and free trading apps have only seen the market go pretty much in the upward direction for their entire adult lives and are getting in on it where they think they can. I think to most of them it's a better version of a lottery ticket. That's absolutely where you see the fractional trading at as most "real" brokerages don't let you buy partial shares.

To a lesser degree, I'm also in this camp. I sold my house a few years ago and elected to sit the market out during historically high housing prices and decided to attempt to grow my money on Wall Street instead of let it lose money in a savings account. So far... I'm just about breaking even on that thought. If 2020 stops begin scripted by Stephen King, I hope to be doing fairly well.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Are you trading stocks from a literal island paradise on a yacht right now?

...I'm questioning my career decisions.

hah, no. back home again

I did meet an accountant there on st croix. he had a medical issue and couldn't be comptroller of his company anymore so he asked to be a field accountant. works in oil industry. he said if they ever get contract on St Croix he wanted to go. he's been living on a boat for 18 months now. such a nice guy. had a laptop and printer on the back of his boat

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Gotta love the old "Am I being greedy enough?" moments. I've tried to train myself to judge those times from how happy I would be with the same decrease in value that I expect it to increase if I hold. 10-15%, I'm more likely to be out than I am something that is on rip to 50%+ gains.

This also isn't a situation I thought I'd be in often when I started trading a bit over a year ago, but with the market as wacky as it's been a 50% +/- is entirely possibly at any moment on almost any security.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    so SPY is almost at my strike price after hours. I may have to bump up my limit sell order and see what happens

Yeah, you will probably make some fat cash on that tomorrow, futures are up about 1%. I had to work today so I couldn't trade the SPY calls. But I added a bunch of NRZ before I left and came home a very happy man! I may start selling covered calls on NRZ soon. Wednesday I will be trading SPY calls. Looking to add TVIX but not sure where SPY will top out. Any of you guys trade TVIX?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom