• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Ok that tells me you no nothing about what your talking about. You need to do a little more research. No one can shut off bitcoin. No one is in charge of bitcoin. You must work for the FED
    "Satoshi Nakamoto" is the largest holder, they can choose to destabilize and destroy the market at a moment of their choosing. Simply selling all their btc at once would give them enough cash on hand to rebuy more from the flooded market, and keep doing it until it's worthless. 1 "person"...all the control.

The fed has nothing to worry about. If BTC is banned, no legitimate entity will be involved with it.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    WOW... Silicon Valley Bank gave $73,450,000 to "BLM Movement & Related Causes"

In conjuction with their donations, I just read that the head of risk management for SVB was a diversity hire...an extreme kind. Do a search on Jay Ersapah.

The Salty Cracker version for those with an edgy sense of humor:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

asevans

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    "Satoshi Nakamoto" is the largest holder, they can choose to destabilize and destroy the market at a moment of their choosing. Simply selling all their btc at once would give them enough cash on hand to rebuy more from the flooded market, and keep doing it until it's worthless. 1 "person"...all the control.

The fed has nothing to worry about. If BTC is banned, no legitimate entity will be involved with it.
    Who is Satoshi Nakamoto?
    Read the book “ the bitcoin standard”. Then read the book “ the fiat standard”. Learn about what bitcoin is. Not crypto. Bitcoin. Most here are still asleep.

asevans

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    i own very little bitcoin. I would rather own gold, silver, steal, brass, and lead. bitcoin is the way out of the mess that the federal reserve central banks have us in. A debt slave system.
    Only at the precipice will people find the will to change. I guess we are not there yet.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    "SVB´s HTM portfolio had unrealized losses from zero in June 2021 to $16Bn by Sept 2022. Technically, Silicon Valley Bank was insolvent at the end of September. However, these losses did not have to be recorded on the bank´s books. What neither CEO or CFO anticipated was deposits might run off faster."

Wonder why 33 billion was withdrawn in Q4 2022? It was not a collapse in 48 hours as reported.

They are certainly not the only bank the is/was hiding unrealized losses.

That 620 billion is likely a very low estimate considering in the Federal Reserve estimated it at 86 billion in unrealized losses in March of 2022,and rates have only gone higher(more losses).

The SVB bailout is sucking tens of billions out of the Treasury and giving it to the FDIC for depositors. See for yourself.
    Federal Deposit Insurance Corp (FDIC) 2,267(positive funds YTD) March 10th report
    Federal Deposit Insurance Corp (FDIC) 40,019 40,332(withdraws YTD)March 13th report
    The reason for the two numbers on the second. 40,332 billion is YTD. 40019 is this month so far.
    I believe this is the first time that has ever happened(40 billion+in withdraws,not from the fund itself but the US Treasury).

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    i own very little bitcoin. I would rather own gold, silver, steal, brass, and lead. bitcoin is the way out of the mess that the federal reserve central banks have us in. A debt slave system.
    Only at the precipice will people find the will to change. I guess we are not there yet.
    I can just imagine the results of the request "I'll trade you this string of numbers on my laptop, which has real value to someone somewhere, for food and ammunition" in a SHTF scenario

Hard pass

Zzzzzzz

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    This increase in FDIC coverage is a big problem. Those idiots (individual company CFO's) should have known that the limit was $250k and acted appropriately. Perhaps not right under it, but no more than $500k in any one bank. But oh no! I've heard some companies had several million dollars in the same account. That was stupid.

And now with the investor bailouts it will discourage others from acting responsibly.

I would much more accept the White House pushing for expedited payments so companies could keep functioning but it shouldn't go beyond the limit of coverage.

I could even see it offering a 0% loan up to a certain amount to allow a company to keep afloat, but not a massive increase in coverage.

I can understand their desire to keep this from spreading, and this will help, but the hazard to undermine responsible financial practices cannot be understated.

Supply chains are disrupted. The baby boomers are retiring and cannot be replaced by Gen X, so labor costs are rising as worker availability decreases. The Russian/Ukraine war as increased the cost of a vast number of commodities. We are still recovering to the disruptions from Covid. Banks need to be able to adjust rapidly and take everything into account. This applies to businesses that act irresponsibly as well. Those that do survive, those that don't SHOULD fail. This is the free market. This is capitalism.

Regards,

Doug

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I can understand their desire to keep this from spreading, and this will help, but the hazard to undermine responsible financial practices cannot be understated.

Regards,

Doug
    How does this help when banks have well over 600 billion on the books as undeclared losses?

It is certainly not helping taxpayers or shareholders only those who had the right political affiliation and deposits.

The SVB bailout is sucking tens of billions out of the Treasury and giving it to the FDIC for depositors. See for yourself.

https://fsapps.fiscal.treasury.gov/dts/files/23031000.txt
    Federal Deposit Insurance Corp (FDIC) 2,267(positive funds YTD) March 10th report

https://fsapps.fiscal.treasury.gov/dts/files/23031300.txt
    Federal Deposit Insurance Corp (FDIC) 40,019 40,332(withdraws YTD)March 13th report
    The reason for the two numbers on the second. 40,332 billion is YTD. 40,019 is this month so far.
    I believe this is the first time that has ever happened(40 billion+in withdraws,not from the fund itself but the US Treasury).

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tweaver1500
    Top Bottom