• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    It takes the electricity to run computers that do the "mining". It's nothing like gold. It is not gold, digital or otherwise. It exists only in the ether and in the minds of those that believe it exists.
    Religion in the form of “currency”. You just have to have faith it exists.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    This is just beginning

Well. That's properly terrifying.

The Fed has wrecked the UST bond. The safest investment in the land is now a toxic asset because everyone is holding USTs from back when interest rates were almost zero. Unrealized losses are when you're holding a bond worth 0.5% when current rates are 5.5%. Insolvency for everyone who did what they were supposed to do and parked money in "safe" USTs. And the backstop funds? Also in USTs.

Buy the f-ing pivot, as Zerohedge likes to say. Rate hikes will stop, then reverse, and free money will be back on the menu.

asevans

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    I'm sure we will be fine. By the way.... what happensto that bitcoin if an EMP takes down the grid? What does it do to gold? Which one is more readily usable without electricity?
    You are correct. I love gold also. Bitcoin is a bet on the future. Gold is a bet on the past.
    Digital money is Coming. Weather we like it or not.
    To be truly free we need decentralized money. That is what bitcoin is.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Multiple points:

1. Invest in beans, bullets and bandaids (physical assets).

2. This is just the beginning as it is necessary to crush the current banking system to make way for the new CDBC system.

3. I want to like Bitcoin, but my gut tells me it’s a a dog and pony show to figure out the bugs for CBDC. I don’t like its shady origin and the fact that it paves the way for reliance on digital architecture for implementation of CBDC using digital ID and KYC. I don’t like that you can’t hold it in your hand.

CEA65577-ED5A-4C9D-AF14-494AFD0C15C4.jpeg

4. I don’t like banks, fiat currency, fractional reserve banking and market speculation. These things have all destroyed the economy and have given us the circumstances we are in now.

5. See point #1.

5074B34F-D5EF-4F35-9406-FD3A2BF95BD5.jpeg

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    What backs fiat?
    Bitcoin is digital gold. Decentralized. No one can make more.
    Bitcoin is not digital currency.
    Bitcoin is classified as an asset. Like gold.
    Bitcoin is mined. It take energy to mine bitcoin. Just like gold.
    Many don’t understand exactly what bitcoin is.
    If anybody is interested in learning what bitcoin is.
    Please read or listen to the ebook “the bitcoin standard “.
    It’s on YouTube. I listened to it on my way to and from work for a week.
    The Fed and all central bankers are afraid of bitcoin. It will destroy their system.
    There are very few things as centralized as Bitcoin. 1 single person, if he chooses, could shut down the entire ecosystem and wipe the value. The value of bitcoin is predicated on that NOT happening. Central banks should and have zero fear of crypto.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Now even the SEC is investigating SVB.
    What they do not mention is they have to, because well all the sales of SVB assets for pennies on the dollar have to be approved.

Do not worry though, they are doing so in cooperation with the Justice department, so I am sure everything will be "fair and equitable" to those of the correct venture capitalist political class.

In other words what I think is happening. So you were a left leaning venture capitalist with deposits(already made whole) and stocks(that you lost a boat load of money on). But they want to make sure the assets that are left are sold in a fair an equitable way...in other words I think they are selling assets dirt cheap to the ones who made the bad bets to start with, even if others offer more. Commonly known as theft(of other investors returns on sale of said assets). Selling of assets is taking place, but much of it is invite only. You need invited to bid,and the SEC and now JD control who gets those invitations. All the FDIC is doing is handing over assets for sale.

I am sure nothing shady is going on.

Last edited:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    While everyone is talking about SVB,not many are talking about Signature Bank that failed Sunday.
    It was after all the 3rd largest bank failure in US history(SVB being number 2).
    Do you wonder why they failed? Maybe this will give you clues.

*WARNING should you choose to watch any video produced by Signature Bank you will be exposing yourself to a combination of idiocracy and wokeness. You were warned.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tweaver1500
    Top Bottom