• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    This was published by the University of Southern California,Northwest University,Columbia university and Stanford.
    Key words for the "paper" (21 pages of it)according to the publishing "journal" Keywords: Monetary Tightening, Uninsured Depositors, Runs

Almost like they are pushing for bank failures. Pointing out the 2 trillion dollar bank shortfall in cash is like saying "fire" in a theater that is on fire. I would wager a boatload of leftists with over 250k in banks have already been pulling cash out and putting some in equities and some in TBTF banks.
    They want/need a catastrophe so they can declare an 'emergency' and take extralegal action to grab even more power over the economy

Eventually, if not stopped, IMO they will prompt a big enough catastrophe to go for martial law - and then it's game on

Last edited:

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Here is an interesting read. I did not write this but it is something to consider.

OK, so the Swiss government forced Credit Suisse and UBS to "merge" when neither bank wanted to.

Then the Swiss gov't changed the rules so that Credit Suisse stockholders COULD NOT VOTE on their own property being merged!

Finally, the Swiss government held that all Tier "1A" Bonds had been written down to zero. That move cost bondholders $17 Billion dollars.

THe largest stockholder in Credit Suisse was Saudi Arabia. So if YOU are the Saudis, what do YOU take away from this?

I would take away:
    1) The "rules" are no longer the "rules."
    2) The law is no longer the law
    3) I was ripped off and not even allowed to vote on it.
    and
    4) My money is no longer safe in the West.

Those are the things that __I__ would take away from today's actions. So if ___I___ were the Saudis, what would ___I___ do?
    ___I___ would pull all my money out of all western banks tomorrow.

A real life "Rollover" movie from the year 1981. Collapse it all.

That's what ___I___ would do. I wonder what they will do? Sit back, do nothing, and get robbed over and over and over again? I don't think so.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Here is an interesting read. I did not write this but it is something to consider.

OK, so the Swiss government forced Credit Suisse and UBS to "merge" when neither bank wanted to.

Then the Swiss gov't changed the rules so that Credit Suisse stockholders COULD NOT VOTE on their own property being merged!

Finally, the Swiss government held that all Tier "1A" Bonds had been written down to zero. That move cost bondholders $17 Billion dollars.

THe largest stockholder in Credit Suisse was Saudi Arabia. So if YOU are the Saudis, what do YOU take away from this?

I would take away:
    and

Those are the things that __I__ would take away from today's actions. So if ___I___ were the Saudis, what would ___I___ do?

That's what ___I___ would do. I wonder what they will do? Sit back, do nothing, and get robbed over and over and over again? I don't think so.
    I feel like I've been waiting since 2008 for the "credibility crisis" shoe to drop.

Eventually some heavy hitters are going to get it through their heads that Western banks and currencies are presided over by incompetent, schizoid busybodies who cannot be trusted with their wealth, and they'll start moving money elsewhere. The sun appears to have set on the Swiss as the discreet, ultra reliable banks of choice.

Can't really go to the Chinese. Their own nationals don't trust them not to snatch their money. The Russians are criminals. There are no safe options, I guess it just hinges on when the West becomes the second least worst.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

I would take away:
    and

Robbers need to be shot.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I feel like I've been waiting since 2008 for the "credibility crisis" shoe to drop.

Eventually some heavy hitters are going to get it through their heads that Western banks and currencies are presided over by incompetent, schizoid busybodies who cannot be trusted with their wealth, and they'll start moving money elsewhere. The sun appears to have set on the Swiss as the discreet, ultra reliable banks of choice.
    While increasing the national debt by 17 Trillion(in just 4 years to 50 trillion)she still claims it will be reduced from what it could have been,that is how she and the president can say it was a deficit reduction publicly according to our illustrius Treasury secretary just last week in front of congress.

Not joking.

Gold and silver still look to open up,not down.

Well that did not work as planned.
    Investing.com -- Shares in UBS Group AG (SIX:UBSG) slumped by more than 12% on Monday, while Credit Suisse Group AG (SIX:CSGN) shares shed nearly two-thirds of their value, after a frantically thrashed out tie-up between the two Swiss lenders was agreed(it was forced not agreed to) over the weekend.

Last edited:

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Still another 260 billion needs to be pumped in. Wonder if that will be enough....

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Still another 260 billion needs to be pumped in. Wonder if that will be enough....

"a third of the country's gross domestic product"! Holy s***!

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    "a third of the country's gross domestic product"! Holy s***!
    And you know how if the govt tells you it’s going to build a bridge the cost will go up? I’m sure this is just the beginning. Once they start they can’t let it fail.

Also from the article-

In a memo seen by Reuters that was sent to staff on Sunday after the deal announcement, Credit Suisse reassured staff that their bonuses would be paid in full.

-that’s great, I was so worried for them.

I’m sure these people are immune from being burnt down, but man if there was a way…

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne

I would take away:
    and

A short while ago in another thread I posted a link to a cute Youtube video showing British highschool students eating American biscuits & gravy. They were very freaked out because their idea of a "biscuit" and "gravy" are WAY different, almost two (2) entirely different products. We both use the same words but have completely different ideas of what those words mean.

We have this same issue with "banks" and "banking rules." Our banks operate almost entirely on a self-centered capitalist agenda. They are, for the most part, completely independent entities. They must follow government regulations but are otherwise free to operate as they wish.

I may get this off a bit but Peter Zeihan talked about international banking in one of his presentations. In the United States you are in default if you are more than 30 days late on a loan. If a bank has more than 5% of its loans go into default the government can then move in and start to take over. The bank is therefore strongly incentivized to underwrite potential debtors so as to avoid defaults. In Italy if a debtor makes a single partial payment within 270 days they are considered current! Holy Cow!

In Europe the governments partially own or control the banks. So if Paris needs to build a new bridge across the river they can force the bank to loan money to the city of Paris to fund it. In New York they can beg, plead, and put massive pressure on a bank to loan money for a new bridge but they cannot legally force the issue. The American bank can say NO and be negotiated into making the loan, but not legally forced.

In China they don't care about collateral, they care about how many people your business will employ. This keeps people from marching in the streets. If the company defaults, they simply go to another bank to borrow money to cover their first loan. It is estimated that 75% of all Chinese business loans are to make payments to other banks that they couldn't pay the first loan back. Holy CRAP!

The American banking system seems to be very rare in the entire world. I'm certain there are those far more educated than I who could go into the details of international banking laws. My biggest point of posting this is so that I might share a small insight into how other "banks" around the world operate. They aren't what we consider normal. They operate under entirely different priorities and policies.

On another brief concept in the United States we own everything above and below our property. This gives us automatic rights to minerals found on our property. If we find oil under the farm we can drill it ourselves or, more likely, an oil company will come in and do all the work while we have the right to say NO or negotiate a percentage of the profits. We Americans can be incentivized to work with oil and mining companies.

Not so around the world. In many places the government has the mineral rights to private land owners. So why, exactly, is a farmer in France or Germany or Britain would a farmer in those countries go out of their way to look for or cooperate with oil companies? They aren't. They're cut out entirely. What we take for granted is often unique. I love America!

Regards,

Doug

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Biggest joke I read all day.

How, EXACTLY, is this comment productive - in any way???

You attack a portion of my post. I'm fine with that. IF I wrong I am very willing to learn.

But you don't go into any detail(s) whatsoever regarding how specifically I am wrong. Why not? Please use your words and be detailed on how exactly our banks do not operate to serve their own financial interests and are not mostly independent to serve those needs?

Regards,

Doug

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Rarr. They changed the site last week and made it hard to use,now this. This is the information by law that is supposed to be available every single day. Now I can not see what the Treasury and FDIC are doing. Kind of convenient for the FDIC as they were supposed to be paying the US Treasury back the 40 billion it gave them to bailout SBV.
    hiding.jpg

They had not returned the 40 billion as claimed in the article per the last DTS report available on the 16th.

Is no one else interested in why the 17ths report seems to be absent, this is after all something the US Treasury legally has to report daily.

Side note can you imagine working at the PPT(Working Group on Financial Markets) today? It has probably been a loooong day.

Head of Credit Suisse bank investments, that still has its job.*warning if you find dealing with insanity difficult or watching insane people do NOT click the link.

Last edited:

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Rarr. They changed the site last week and made it hard to use,now this. This is the information by law that is supposed to be available every single day. Now I can not see what the Treasury and FDIC are doing. Kind of convenient for the FDIC as they were supposed to be paying the US Treasury back the 40 billion it gave them to bailout SBV.
    View attachment 264264

They had not returned the 40 billion as claimed in the article per the last DTS report available on the 16th.

Is no one else interested in why the 17ths report seems to be absent, this is after all something the US Treasury legally has to report daily.

Side note can you imagine working at the PPT(Working Group on Financial Markets) today? It has probably been a loooong day.

Head of Credit Suisse bank investments, that still has its job.*warning if you find dealing with insanity difficult or watching insane people do NOT click the link.

I guess Biden listened when what's his face said we needed censorship to prevent bank runs?

Top Bottom