• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fearthewolf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Goshen, IN
    Here is what you need Widener's Reloading and Shooting Supply INC if your wanting to see what the rifle will do as far as accuracy goes without handloading :yesway:.

That "Mexican" ammo is just surplus, and at 200bucks for a 1000rds Im sure its not much and i doubt its brass cased. An it will be dirty. But if your just looking for ammo to blast with give this stuff Widener's Reloading and Shooting Supply INC a try. It will be fairly clean, and its a reloadable brass case. Its also decently accurate at closer distances. So if the day comes you want to reload, you've got a jumpstart on your brass.

The Mexican stuff is brass cased bit for 30 bucks more I can get Independence 9mm which I know my carbine will blow through no problem, so that I might be worth the extra. And I sure will check that out, ive considered reloading but I figured it was really expensive with everything you need for it.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    When the Benchrest boys start using steel cased ammo and "soft" steel bullets, I might consider it.

Till then I'll stick to brass cases and brass or lead bullets.

I want some steel bullets... where can I get them? :dunno: 100% steel bullets I can't find anywhere, and I could use some AP rounds.

As far as steel cased ammo goes for the OP, IMO people need to dumb their thought process down. The steel case is soft enough to expand and won't hurt your firearm. To the people who have had problems while using steel cased ammo, it wasn't the steel cases that caused your problems. Hence why it still happened with brass cases afterwards.

It's fine. I've never had Tula show GREAT groupings, but 1.5 moa, standing, unsupported... not too shabby for plinking. And for the price difference compared to brass, I buy it.

If your gun won't shoot steel cased ammo, there's a problem with your gun. Not the ammo.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    The Mexican stuff is brass cased bit for 30 bucks more I can get Independence 9mm which I know my carbine will blow through no problem, so that I might be worth the extra. And I sure will check that out, ive considered reloading but I figured it was really expensive with everything you need for it.

Oh I see you were talking about 9mm, i thought you were talking 308 for $200 for a thousand, lol. Anyway, you can get a basic Lee Turret press kit for around a 150 bucks, all you would need is the die sets which run around 40-50 dollars depending on which one. Of course you would need supplies, bullets , powder, primers and of course a nice reloading manual, It might be something to look into later on down the road. looking back on it now though, Im so glad I started themoney savaings on the 308 match stuff i load for my savage has more than paid for it. Plus the results in accuracy are hard to argue with.

GlockWielder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    To my knowledge, steel cased ammo is fine. If your gun has hardened steel (come on, what gun doesn't?), you should not have a problem. Some extractors on your "pretty boy" guns may not like steel casings but if you have a combat gun (Glock, M&P, XD, M&P15, XM15) you should be A-OK. I've used it a ton in Glock, Ruger and Smith&Wesson handguns. I have had a few light primer hits with Tulammo in a Ruger SR9c pistol and a Glock 19. Those are few and far in between it seems like though. As for accuracy, the steel casing has nothing to do with it being accurate. I've had great accuracy out of all the steel ammo I've ever shot. Some people claim that their "zeros" are different between Wolf and PMC though. As Nutnfancy says, "Your mileage may vary!"

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    I've yet to see any competitor use steel cased ammo at any NRA sanctioned Bullseye match even the regional match held in Bristol.

Course I spose if you're satisified with the accuracy you get with cheap surplus ammo, go for it.

Top Bottom