• Total voters

andski3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Carmel
    It depends on the steak.

If it's a good cut, well seasoned, and cooked just right - I don't need steak sauce.

If it's just your run of the mill sirloin from the grocery slapped on a grill until it's brown on both sides, I tend to cover it in A-1. That said, I'll find excuses to eat A-1 because I love the stuff... Put it on bread, etc.

Yes, I'm strange.

This is funny to me, because my daughter will put it on her popcorn.

I also use it depending on the steak and how well it is seasoned/cooked.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I'm more of a 50/50 person. If I grill it myself, than 90% of the time is no. If going out to chain restaurants I usually ask for it just in case, as most don't cook or season the stake right. But with that said, the best stakes I have ever had was #1 in Panama City Beach, FL at a place called Angelo's, the other was in T.H. somewhere downtown in a old brewery. I was in town working at the power plant but don't remember the name of the restaurant, but it was good.:D

I can only think that place was Mogger's, although I never even tried the steak there (if that's the place).

stesco

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Greensburg
    Never ever use steak sauce on a quality cut of steak. That being said, Flat Iron and Sirloin should not be considered "steak".

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    It depends on the steak.

If it's a good cut, well seasoned, and cooked just right - I don't need steak sauce.

If it's just your run of the mill sirloin from the grocery slapped on a grill until it's brown on both sides, I tend to cover it in A-1. That said, I'll find excuses to eat A-1 because I love the stuff... Put it on bread, etc.

Yes, I'm strange.

I'm exactly the same way. I love a good steak properly seasoned and cooked, and it needs no steak sauce. That said, I love the taste of A1. I usually end up putting it on burgers and stuff, but rarely put it on steak.

10Forward

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Greenfield
    I very rarely have sauce on steak, as I either order the filet or a T-Bone, but HP sauce on a bacon sandwich now that's another story.
    BTW HP sauce is from England and in my opinion it's much better than either Heinz or A1, it is however slightly thicker and comes in 2 favors here (Brown and Fruity) and you can get it at Marsh or Mierers, give it a go let me know what you think.

LOVE HP sauce. Fell in love with it in Las Vegas at the Irish pubs out there. I've not seen it at Marsh??? I don't live close to a Meijer, so have never looked there.
    What I've been doing is when I go to Florida for a couple of weeks each summer, I hit Publix and bring back several bottles.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I love A1, depending on cut, I'll occasionally use it, but I like it better on burgers. When I grill burgers at home, I mix A1 in the burger before I make it into patties.
    Same.

I add A1, some dried bread crumbs, a little bit of egg, ground black pepper and a dash of ground red pepper.

Comes out better than most would imagine.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    If folks are ever in NC they can pick up a bottle of Samson's Sauce. Tastes a bit like Heinz 57, but with a manly kick to it. Fresh Market used to carry it, but I haven't seen it there in a long time. It's great on hamburger steaks.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I like variety in flavors, so sometimes no sauce, sometimes A-1, sometimes Heinz, Lea & Perrins, Heinz 57, etc.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Only if you consider salt, pepper, and butter in the pan drippings "sauce" :)

Now, my MiL? She orders her steaks well done, and puts ketchup on them *shudder*
    What a waste of money, just order a chopped steak if you want to treat it like a hamburger!

Top Bottom