• ...and so much more!
  • Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I have a few questions for lrahm

1. Was the OP doing something illegal or against policy?
    2. Did you have the right to ask for his DL?
    3. Was any part of the OP story exaggerated or untrue?

I think we know the answers to all of these questions...Especially since he hasn't addressed any of them well before you even needed to ask.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I really hope he will man up and answer some questions. Look at T.lex. While most people don't respect his actions, at least most respect the fact that he is willing to defend them.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Rookie, I am not going to "air" this out on this thread.

No way.

THAT wasn't completely expected...:rolleyes:

Please tell us WHEN OR WHERE is the appropriate time to "air" these things out.

We can't do it on the side of the road "with a barrel screwed into our ear".

We can't do it when we are being arrested for resisting an illegal police entry into our homes.

We can't do it...well...anywhere, I guess.

Is it just me or do I seem to be getting the impression that we can NEVER do it & that's the way those "in charge" want it?

Come on & fess up or be prepared to get very little respect from most people on here for a long time to come.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    The cop was there to investigate "a man with a gun". He has the right to ask for an ID. Any court in the states would say that's enough probable cause. To stand there and not answer or refuse to produce a license and/or ID is enough to detain until such information is obtained. He was not on a "fishing trip".

Just saw this, you could have said you already answered one question. LTCH is identification. Refusing to give DL is not probable cause.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Just saw this, you could have said you already answered one question. LTCH is identification. Refusing to give DL is not probable cause.

Originally Posted by lrahm
    The cop was there to investigate "a man with a gun". He has the right to ask for an ID. Any court in the states would say that's enough probable cause. To stand there and not answer or refuse to produce a license and/or ID is enough to detain until such information is obtained. He was not on a "fishing trip".

Thanks for pointing that post out again, Rookie.

At the time I almost pointed out that "the cop" didn't have a "right" to do anything but I thought that he was just an average person who's never even thought about the enormity of that phrase so there was no reason to nitpick.

But now that I know he's "the cop"...

YOU (lrahm) have no RIGHT to do anything as an agent of the state.

You only have AUTHORITY. That AUTHORITY was granted to you by THE PEOPLE who are the ONLY ONES who have RIGHTS. We can revoke thyat AUTHORITY at any time by legislation to restrict your AUTHORITY or by having you removed for cause from that position of AUTHORITY.

Please post a link or give a reference to the source of your AUTHORITY to demand a DL when no crime was being committed only a private company's "rule".

The MWAG call WAS enough PC to ask to see a LTCH. After that had been done then all questioning related to the gun must stop. The only thing left at that point was to ask the OP to leave. Once he has your job is done. No more interaction is required or justified.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    LTCH is identification.

Thread jack!

Could I use my LTCH to buy alcohol, tobacco or anything else you need to present an ID?

/thread jack.

Thanks for pointing that post out again, Rookie.

At the time I almost pointed out that "the cop" didn't have a "right" to do anything but I thought that he was just an average person who's never even thought about the enormity of that phrase so there was no reason to nitpick.

But now that I know he's "the cop"...

YOU (lrahm) have no RIGHT to do anything as an agent of the state.

You only have AUTHORITY. That AUTHORITY was granted to you by THE PEOPLE who are the ONLY ONES who have RIGHTS. We can revoke thyat AUTHORITY at any time by legislation to restrict your AUTHORITY or by having you removed for cause from that position of AUTHORITY.

Please post a link or give a reference to the source of your AUTHORITY to demand a DL when no crime was being committed only a private company's "rule".

The MWAG call WAS enough PC to ask to see a LTCH. After that had been done then all questioning related to the gun must stop. The only thing left at that point was to ask the OP to leave. Once he has your job is done. No more interaction is required or justified.

As someone else already stated, I'm also tired of you always being right.:):

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Thread jack!

Could I use my LTCH to buy alcohol, tobacco or anything else you need to present an ID?

/thread jack.

As someone else already stated, I'm also tired of you always being right.:):

Alright Mr. Smarty pants. An LTCH is all the identification you need to confirm whether the person is legally carrying a handgun. Better?

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Alright Mr. Smarty pants. An LTCH is all the identification you need to confirm whether the person is legally carrying a handgun. Better?

I actually wasn't trying to be a smart ass...

I still have my college ID. Could I use that with my LTCH(that shows my name and age) to buy something that requires someone to be 18+ years old?

Honest question.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I would doubt you could. The difference is you're buying something, they have the right to refuse service if you don't give the ID they request. Indiana law says nothing about giving anything more than LTCH unless you're guilty of an infraction or ordinance violation.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    I think there was someone else on here that said they used their LTCH as a form of ID for something. Check cashing maybe? I can't remember the details but someone will take it as ID.

BTW, thanks LPman & Benny. You guys are too kind. :D

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Im gonna go ahead and call it.

It would venture to say that the security guard is a gun owner, and it wouldn't be a huge stretch to say he knows about INGO, and may not be a member......at least not until he saw this thread. duh duh duh..... folks I give you WillyUSMC and his buddy Irahm. Security guards at St. Mary's.

Just a wild guess here.....I could be way off. Then again it wouldn't be the first time something like this had happened.
    Ok first let me start off by saying how awesome I am, and Everyone in this thread should rep me for my undeniably amazing detective skills.

Second, im way to tired to catch up in this thread tonight but I noticed something I thought was worth mentioning. Titanium Frost, might I suggest editing your post(s) where you used the individuals name (and those who quoted it to do the same). Yes we know who he is now, but for futures sake and out of respect for that members privacy I believe it would be the right thing to do.

Nobody needs to know who he is for him to share his side of the story, in fact it will probably make him less willing to do so.

Just my :twocents:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Ok first let me start off by saying how awesome I am, and Everyone in this thread should rep me for my undeniably amazing detective skills.

Second, im way to tired to catch up in this thread tonight but I noticed something I thought was worth mentioning. Titanium Frost, might I suggest editing your post(s) where you used the individuals name (and those who quoted it to do the same). Yes we know who he is now, but for futures sake and out of respect for that members privacy I believe it would be the right thing to do.

Nobody needs to know who he is for him to share his side of the story, in fact it will probably make him less willing to do so.

Just my :twocents:

Check his profile, he uses his full name there. Hell, even his user id is his real name. But if he asks I will remove it from my post.

On the topic of alcohol and ID, they do specify that it be a state issued PHOTO ID. I don't think a college one would work.

And finally, now that we get the let down and aren't getting his side of the story I'm kinda P'd off here. Why the hell did you track me down and post on this thread, being ambiguous enough (not use first person sentences) but yet use your real name? And what was the point? You obviously felt like interjecting your own ideas without much backing them up. In my opinion that is most unprofessional an unbecoming of someone who is meant to uphold the law and protect peace. Instead you stirred the pot, same as you did that night. You got something to prove, maybe a chip on your shoulder and when called out you retreat, tail tucked between your legs because you don't call the shots here. This is a public forum. We are on equal turf here. No one is shooting at you, we are both in front of computers and yet you still have the attitude as if I am a threat to you. Believe me if I was going to use this thread against you I would not have called you out and tried to come to an understanding. This whole mess is over, make something useful out of it.

Top Bottom