• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Patched

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 4, 2021
    Lake County
    I have been really interested in this model -especially with all the improvements over the original. Garand Thumb's observations are troubling, but as someone else noted, they'll probably get things sorted out before widespread availability. I am considering this for carry so reliability is paramount. TO current owners, I have a question - is the height of this pistol really only 4.8" - that's less than a Glock 19!? Also, any thoughts on concealed carry without the additional layer of safety of the grip safety?

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    This "new" HiPower looks very interesting especially after the debacle with the Tisas model about a year ago. I look forward to handling one at a LGS soon; hopefully after all the price gouging has calmed down.

Patched

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 4, 2021
    Lake County
    For those considering a new Hi Power style pistol, FN just announced their version of a modernized Hi Power. 17 round mags, and in 3 different colors - black, FDE and stainless steel. MSRP is quite a bit higher at over $1200.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Only 2x higher than MSRP. They sold out in a few hours....

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Picked up a LNIB SA-35 this week end and took to the range yesterday. I shot first 10 rounds from a rest at 7 yrds, absolute POA. First SA simi auto I have ever fired, will take some getting used to. 100 rounds fired of various mfg and loads, no failures at all. Fun range gun for now with clean old shool lines.
    Checking back in here. Still liking it?

I've been looking at these recently. I've wanted a Hi Power as a classic for some time (just not a 1911 guy), but have been pretty much striker and poly for decades now. Handled one briefly today (just dry fire, for a couple of minutes).

I assume the wrap around style Hi Power Pachmayr grips would work on these?https://www.lymanproducts.com/brands/pachmayr/handgun-grips/semi-auto-grips/signaturetm-grips

Also, any concensus on whether there is enough front strap material to checker it?

Anyone heard more on extractor issues or other concerns on these?

Anyone run an appreciable number of rounds through theirs?

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I have been really interested in this model -especially with all the improvements over the original. Garand Thumb's observations are troubling, but as someone else noted, they'll probably get things sorted out before widespread availability. I am considering this for carry so reliability is paramount. TO current owners, I have a question - is the height of this pistol really only 4.8" - that's less than a Glock 19!? Also, any thoughts on concealed carry without the additional layer of safety of the grip safety?
    Not being sarcastic but the additional layer of safety is a bit North of your EDC.

Far more important than any particular hardware is training. Closely followed by more training, then a good carry set up, Most importantly a good holster that will allow for safely reholstering.

Back to our regularly scheduled topic, on the Springfield iteration I have handled one at a lgs and it seemed to be well fitted, finish was nice, and appeared to be a nice offering.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Picked up a LNIB SA-35 this week end and took to the range yesterday. I shot first 10 rounds from a rest at 7 yrds, absolute POA. First SA simi auto I have ever fired, will take some getting used to. 100 rounds fired of various mfg and loads, no failures at all. Fun range gun for now with clean old shool lines.
    LNIB any backstory as to how it came to be a LNIB offering? Someone culling the herd? Or the old it looked good on paper?

SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    LNIB any backstory as to how it came to be a LNIB offering? Someone culling the herd? Or the old it looked good on paper?
    Just in the right place right time. Mentioned in a conversation that I would like to try one and someone in the group had one that really did not suit him and passed it along to me. I usually hear about these things a day latter, but that day was my turn.

tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN
    I am sure it will be worth waiting for the right one to come along. Just confirming you did notice the sarcasm? on the prior response?
    Oh yes. I recently went through this a couple months ago trying to purchase a Glock 40. Just had to sit back and be patient. Finally got one at a fair price. Fools rush in.

Top Bottom