• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I would be interested if I had a precision rifle. Best grouping I have gotten with anything I own, is with a 70 year old swedish mauser.

Hey some of them old Mausers shoot pretty dang good. Hey like I mentioned this is mostly just an excuse to get like minded guys together and have some safe fun shooting. I own the range an could care less if I win or do the best. I have almost as much fun talking with everyone an meting other members lol

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Would you take a long distance noob with a freshly built AR-15? I'd have to get my scope zeroed since I have not shot it yet.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Well heck yea :yesway:, if you want to come down one afternoon before the shoot we could get you squared away before then if ya like...

Man, I'd love to come down early and get zeroed. Let me know when and I'll try to be there. As early as tomorrow.:)

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Here is a pic of the targets we will be shooting. Ive had a few guys ask about it.

Target%20Pic_zpskojk1ln0.jpg

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Gonna try an get a tentative list of who is planning on attending on the 13th of june maybe next week so I can try an get a half idea of a head count. So if your planning to attend feel free to PM me an let me know or post on here. An Ill get a list posted. Or if others have any questions send me a PM or post them up here and Ill get back with you! Cant wait should be a great time!!!

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    If you want to have a sighting in period for those without zeros, I will have my spotting scope and we can get them in the target in just a couple of shots.

The target you are planning to use is a 100 yard target. I will bring NRA 200 yard targets. You can use them if you want. Otherwise, we will shoot on those 100 yard sighting targets.

Last edited:

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    If you want to have a sighting in period for those without zeros, I will have my spotting scope and we can get them in the target in just a couple of shots.

The target you are planning to use is a 100 yard target. I will bring NRA 200 yard targets. You can use them if you want. Otherwise, we will shoot on those 100 yard sighting targets.

Yea we could have a quick sight in for those that arnt zeroed at 200. Those targets are pretty well all I shoot for everything (got a bunch of them cheap ;)) But yea if you want to bring enough of those others for everyone to use that's fine also.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Alright as of 5/20/15 I have the tentative roll call of:

-gregkl
    -wsenefeld +dad

I would still have room for about 2 or 3 more shooters if there would be anymore, that would give us 3 squads of 2 shooters which would work out really well on my range. So if anyone else in interested let me know.

* To give kind of a course run down of what we will be doing, we will shoot 5 5shot groups at 200yrds. After everyone has shot we will take the average dia of those 5 groups (measured by taking the overall diameter minus projectile diameter) and see who has shot the best. Unfortunately the only prize will be in that you were best shooter on that day ;), but as I've mentioned this is mostly just for those of us that enjoy this type of shooting and looking to have a nice time an meet some new people. Again let me know if interested or shoot me a PM if there are any questions !!!!

Last edited:

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Figured Id give this thread another bump since its getting a bit closer to the date of the shoot. If there is anyone else interested let me know :yesway:

Top Bottom