• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Moonies... Really..? :laugh: I was gonna make a joke about cult followers and loyal customers but I will refrain...

I though Melensdad was kidding but here's an excerpt from Wikipedia:

Moon's fourth son, Kook Jin "Justin" Moon founded Kahr Arms, a small-arms company based in Blauvelt, New York with a factory in Worcester, Massachusetts.[67][68]
    According to the Washington Post, "Some former members and gun industry critics perceive a contradiction between the church's teachings and its corporate involvement in marketing weapons promoted for their concealability and lethality."[69]

Apparently he's a "Kook" too!!!! :laugh:

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Solid firearms

Who knows if Glocks are made-owned by former Nazi's and who cares. Kahr Arms are quality guns and you pay for that. My MK40 is build right and I carry it every day and bet my life on it. If you want a CC gun you can't do better. Fields strips in one minute by punching out one pin, remove the slide and lift the barrel and return rod-spring out. Now sure what people mean by hard to take apart? I would buy mine again.:twocents:

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Never said that

You prefer Nazis over Moonies??? :laugh: :lmfao::laugh::lmfao:

Didn't say that I perfer anything, just that who owns a gun company has nothing to do with the quality of the product. I don't agree with the moonies beliefs but that's no reason for me not to buy a Kahr pistol. I just read that the owner of Progressive Auto Insurance is anti gun but how many gun owner have progressive insurance? How many gun owners willingly do business on Ebay well aware Ebay is anti gun?

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    WOW

Very simply put....stay away. Evil empire with money going to a very evil group. Reverend Sun Myung Moon.
    Rev. Sun Myung Moon Official Website

I just skimmed through the web site you gave and that man is a Saint for crying out loud; whats wrong with you people. I remember the orange robed moonies at Ohare Airport in the 70's chanting and singing and blocking the walkways making it difficult to change gates. I survived that and will survive my Kahr Arms pistol too. :laugh:

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Great conclusion!

From now on, I'm going to assume this is a fact, and accuse everyone who owns a Glock of supporting Hitler. If people ask me for a reference, I'll tell 'em I read it on an internet forum! :D

Now you are talking like a true INGO Forum poster. I am giving you a rep right now.:rockwoot:

bradp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Jamestown, IN
    I love my PM40 and carry it almost everyday (I carry the Glock 33 the rest of the time) It is very reliable (not one misfeed out of approx 400 rounds) and is very accurate for a small pistol. I hate to say this but I prefer it over My Glock.:D

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    You'll find several schools of thought on Kahr...

Boiled down:

-Steel-framed ones are almost NEVER talked about as having any kind of problems what-so-ever. Not feeding, firing, or ejecting.

-Full-sized polymer framed pistols seem to have the best overall reliability of their polymer pistols.

-Their micro, or PM-series pistols are, at least according to internet forums!, the pistols where you're most likely to run into problems with feeding and/or ejection.

Having said the above...I had a relatively big issue with my CW-40, Kahr took care of the problem on their dime. I sold the pistol with full disclosure to a fellow INGO member; along with the stipulation that I'd have NO qualms about buying a Kahr product again in the future. I just couldn't trust THAT particular pistol...but I didn't have any doubts that it was 100% following the repairs. It's was a mental thing with me, that's all.

I don't believe that I'd want to fire their micro pistols chambered for the .40; recoil on my CW-40 was downright brutal with 165gr defensive ammo.

Mine was more accurate than it had a right to be with that short of a barrel; even with the long trigger pull.

I think the triggers on the Kahrs are quite nice. Definitely not short but they ARE smooth. Many of their pistols have what they call their "Elite Trigger", but I know that the CWs don't have it. Can't tell you what it's like to shoot one with it.

If I had to do it all over again, I'd have bought a CW-9 instead of a CW-40 just due to the recoil factor.

Kahr mags can be had relatively inexpensively at Sportsman's Warehouse.

In all, if you can't afford a steel one, or don't want the weight of a steel one, I highly recomend that you look into a CW-9 or CW-40. Put the savings into a holster and more magazines.

-J-

Old Salt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2008
    Avon
    I bought a PM9 last week and love it. Away from work I carry a .45 in a side holster, but I love the PM9 in my pocket for quick availability. If the 9 didn't finish an attacker (mugger, carjacker, etc), I have time during their recovery to pull my Colt and do it right.

If my church owned a gun company, I would probably go to worship more often. But thats just me.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Didn't say that I perfer anything, just that who owns a gun company has nothing to do with the quality of the product. I don't agree with the moonies beliefs but that's no reason for me not to buy a Kahr pistol. I just read that the owner of Progressive Auto Insurance is anti gun but how many gun owner have progressive insurance? How many gun owners willingly do business on Ebay well aware Ebay is anti gun?
    We each have our own standards.

I stopped using Ebay because it is anti-gun and I had quite a bit of business on Ebay and NONE of it was gun related.

I stopped using PayPal because it is owned by anti-gun Ebay (see above).

I don't know EVERY company that is pro or anti gun but I will NOT frequent a company that I know to be anti-gun. In fact I will do what I can to avoid those companies. Hewlett Packard is anti-gun so I bought a Samsung laser printer for my home. Chilie's Restaurant and Circuit City have anti-gun corporate policies, so I go to their competitors. I don't have Progressive Insurance but if I did I would change policies when the term expired.

As for Kahr, I personally have nothing against the gun brand, in fact I think they make a darn fine gun. The OP asked about Kahr, I simply provided some information without leveling any judgement about the connection between the guns and the cult. I figure we each set our own standards but in the interest of full disclosure I provided information that may matter to someone.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    I have a Kahr K9 And a Kahr MK9. Good little pistols.

Yep. The company is owned by Justin Moon. I don't know what he did with the profit from my two purchases. I never thought to ask.

I have several GLOCKS. I don't think Gaston Glock is a Nazi, but if I recall correctly, the issue comes from him being very good friends with some men with questionable political leanings AND personal history.

No; I don't have any links right at hand. I'll try to find some.............

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    I have a very good friend that goes way back to serving together on the same Navy ship from 1962-65. He is what I would call a deep-seated union guy, recently retired and still very active in the United Steel Workers. He will not buy any clothes made in foreign countries. The last time we talked he was looking for a nudist resort to go live at.

I would guess if you scratched the surface of most companies you would find that they have associations with other countries or people that someone would find undesirable in some way. Life is too short to run around looking at reasons not to buy from various manufactures. If you feel that adamant about not supporting undesirables why do you use products derived from oil sold by people hell bent on killing all Americans?

Top Bottom