• Status
    Not open for further replies.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    And we're entitled to ridicule your opinion! Funny how that works...

Yes it is. Ridicule is generally the last resort of someone who either lacks a point or is unwilling to acknowledge that those who disagree are entitled to their opinions. I often have a lot of respect for people who disagree and are able to articulate reasons, or even simply claim their right to their own opinion. Ridicule, on the other hand, is a scoundrel's last refuge when he lacks a viable argument.

miborovsky

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2011
    Yes it is. Ridicule is generally the last resort of someone who either lacks a point or is unwilling to acknowledge that those who disagree are entitled to their opinions. I often have a lot of respect for people who disagree and are able to articulate reasons, or even simply claim their right to their own opinion. Ridicule, on the other hand, is a scoundrel's last refuge when he lacks a viable argument.

Really, dude?

You actually believe that your statement "I find homosexuals to be some of the most twisted and disgusting persons on the face of the planet" deserves a "viable argument" against it?

How about "your personal beliefs about minority groups are irrelevant when it comes to issues of social justice, and you should feel bad for attempting to use them to justify whatever it is that you're trying to argue for"?

Zephri

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis, Northside.

Just like throwing insults at people. :):

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    How about "your personal beliefs about minority groups are irrelevant when it comes to issues of social justice and you should feel bad for attempting to use them to justify whatever it is that you're trying to argue for"?

Ah! There we go: social justice... The left's replacement for equal justice.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Really, dude?

You actually believe that your statement "I find homosexuals to be some of the most twisted and disgusting persons on the face of the planet" deserves a "viable argument" against it?

How about "your personal beliefs about minority groups are irrelevant when it comes to issues of social justice, and you should feel bad for attempting to use them to justify whatever it is that you're trying to argue for"?

Since you apparently have a reading comprehension problem, some one attempted to make an argument that my political issue was not correct because he know what I think better than he does. I gave him my personal opinion and my political opinion in their unvarnished forms. The point at issue is that I support the concept of liberty in ways that do not create tools to threaten it later regardless of my personal opinion on the actions, beliefs, or other attributes of others. It is just damned good of several people to presume to declare their own opinions 'right' and reject the right of others to hold dissenting opinions. People like that do not support liberty in deed or thought but rather give every appearance of only supporting liberty for those with thoughts and opinions similar to their own. Disagreement and the explanation of one's disagreement are healthy phenomena. Statements which appear to be predicated on the notion that others are not entitled to their own thoughts are not. In answer to your original question, that is strictly my opinion which is extraneous to the issue aside from some moron presuming to know my thoughts which of course does not require any argument, viable or otherwise.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom