Soaring sales of diabetes drug Mounjaro, widely used for weight loss, sends Eli Lilly to new heights

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I've seen diabetics getting very pissy over fat people buying up all this stuff to lose weight. :laugh: Been kind of an open secret in Hollywood for the last several years, they're always ahead of the curve on off label uses. Basically it ups production of insulin and reduces appetite.

This thing and the 2-3 equivalent drugs have been a huge moneymaker. Obviously we've all learned some lessons about trusting drug studies recently, but these seem to have more evidence for effectiveness than any obesity drug before and it's no wonder Americans are gobbling them up.

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Pretty much ant drug that reduces the production of sugar (old faithful metformin) or stimulates insulin production (Mounjaro, Ozempic) will help weight loss....

...Because sugar, and all simple carbs are not your friend.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I've seen diabetics getting very pissy over fat people buying up all this stuff to lose weight. :laugh: Been kind of an open secret in Hollywood for the last several years, they're always ahead of the curve on off label uses. Basically it ups production of insulin and reduces appetite.

This thing and the 2-3 equivalent drugs have been a huge moneymaker. Obviously we've all learned some lessons and trusting drug studies recently, but these seem to have more evidence for effectiveness than any obesity drug before and it's no wonder Americans are gobbling them up.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Last summer I had more of an issue finding Mounjaro, not so much lately.

These people using it for weight loss I sure hope their insurance covers the cost, through Kroger it is $1700.00 per month.

Last edited:

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Look behind you
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Since these drugs are actually, truly a life saving drug for some, one might wonder why there aren't vending machines everywhere offering it for free...

I have to wonder how these meds will shakeout in the long run re:weight loss. They might be everything claimed or they might be the next fen-phen. Big pharma is in my dog house but I do hope these meds continue to be safe because the resulting weight loss for some people might be the difference in quality and quantity of life.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Since these drugs are actually, truly a life saving drug for some, one might wonder why there aren't vending machines everywhere offering it for free...

I have to wonder how these meds will shakeout in the long run re:weight loss. They might be everything claimed or they might be the next fen-phen. Big pharma is in my dog house but I do hope these meds continue to be safe because the resulting weight loss for some people might be the difference in quality and quantity of life.
    This is about putting the bariatric surgeons out of business, so I expect big money will continue to follow it.

You never know the "real deal" with any drug, until it starts getting prescribed to millions of people. That's when the real trial begins. It's a gamble on whether the profits will cover the lawsuits. If you beat the spread on enough products, your company survives. If it doesn't, it gets merged with somebody bigger, and rinse/lather/repeat.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    This is about putting the bariatric surgeons out of business, so I expect big money will continue to follow it.

You never know the "real deal" with any drug, until it starts getting prescribed to millions of people. That's when the real trial begins. It's a gamble on whether the profits will cover the lawsuits. If you beat the spread on enough products, your company survives. If it doesn't, it gets merged with somebody bigger, and rinse/lather/repeat.
    Based on some of the prices I've seen posted, surgery might be the cheaper option currently. I've read people posting of $2-3k/month. Goodnight!

Top Bottom