Soaring sales of diabetes drug Mounjaro, widely used for weight loss, sends Eli Lilly to new heights

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Based on some of the prices I've seen posted, surgery might be the cheaper option currently. I've read people posting of $2-3k/month. Goodnight!
    Do they still do bariatric surgery? I thought that was falling out of fashion because, frankly, people just eat their stomach back to its old size.

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    My spouse was recently diagnosed with uncontrolled T2 diabetes. She finally got her prescription for Mounjaro 2.5 mg filled today and took her first dose around 11am. We had a sammy and some cottage cheese, then took a nice mile long walk. After we got back around noon, she got fairly moderate pain at the injection site, along with nausea. She then threw up about 10 minutes ago. This is not a good beginning of this journey so far.

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    Does anyone on here take this medication, and if so, what have your experiences been like (if you don't mind sharing)?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    My spouse was recently diagnosed with uncontrolled T2 diabetes. She finally got her prescription for Mounjaro 2.5 mg filled today and took her first dose around 11am. We had a sammy and some cottage cheese, then took a nice mile long walk. After we got back around noon, she got fairly moderate pain at the injection site, along with nausea. She then threw up about 10 minutes ago. This is not a good beginning of this journey so far.
    Wife is on a similar med. She had very few side effects until they ramped up the dosage as they do over time and now has nausea (Dr gave her a med for that as well) and feels pretty rough soon after shot for a bit. She doesn't get very hungry with it but has to be careful about what she eats and how much (large part of the purpose) and has to make sure she gets enough protein in.

Last edited:

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    Thanks for the info. We're hoping this is just one of those "getting used to it" type of events. She seems a bit better at the moment.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Does anyone on here take this medication, and if so, what have your experiences been like (if you don't mind sharing)?

I am on this, started it several months ago. So far no real issues. For the first couple days after the shot I am not nearly as hungry and typically skip breakfast and lunch, thats basically it. It has been keeping my A1C at 6.0 which I am very happy with.

She may want to say something, my guess they will try something else. I can not take Metformin, so that is why they put me on this.

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    Glad to hear you're not having much issues! This all started about 2.5 weeks ago when we just returned to port from a cruise in Miami. She got stomach pain and severe nausea and vomiting on our drive to Okeechobee (we planned on staying a couple of nights so we could visit her dad). Took her directly to the ER where they kept her overnight. Her glucose was over 400 and her A1C was 14.1. We were shocked to say the least. They gave her some insulin shots while she was there, but they didn't prescribe anything else since they knew we were making our way back to Indy. We've really watched our diet and began walking regularly. She actually felt pretty good since then, although she's developed some blurry vision over the last few days. Her primary care doc prescribed Mounjaro last Tuesday, which we couldn't get until today. He didn't seem to think she needed to see an endocrinologist, but I disagree. I think we're going to ask (demand) that he refer someone.

Top Bottom