So who was it drawing attention to themselves at Beech Grove H.S.?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I'd be willing to bet he wasn't an officer. I don't really find the possibility of a gun dropped in a school for the children to find all that humorous.

It's maybe not humorous but it happens.Well maybe not in schools but in restrooms where kids can go.:dunno:

I read a story about that.
    A kid found a gun in the restroom and fortunatly his dad who was a Marine (according the report) thaught him about gun safety and nothing bad happened. :yesway:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    It's maybe not humorous but it happens.Well maybe not in schools but in restrooms where kids can go.:dunno:

A kid found a gun in the restroom and fortunatly his dad who was a Marine (according the report) thaught him about gun safety and nothing bad happened. :yesway:
    I've trained mine well. If she sees a gun she knows to tell an adult and stay away from it. She only can touch them with mine or my wife's permission.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville

Nice save Sylvain!

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I've trained mine well. If she sees a gun she knows to tell an adult and stay away from it. She only can touch them with mine or my wife's permission.

:+1:

That's good.So many people think their kids cant find guns laying around just because they keep their's locked or because they dont even own guns.

k1500

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2013
    West Lafayette
    Perhaps this person parked off school grounds, locked the weapon in the vehicle, and went into the school. There is nothing illegal about having a piece of nylon, plastic, or leather strapped to one's side.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Perhaps this person parked off school grounds, locked the weapon in the vehicle, and went into the school. There is nothing illegal about having a piece of nylon, plastic, or leather strapped to one's side.

The OP never said it was illegal.
    Just that this person drew his attention.
    So maybe next time he should leave the holster with the gun (off school ground) or cover the empty holster. :dunno:

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

I never said there was. The guy drew attention to himself and if the wrong person saw him, he could have had a long interaction with BGPD. I don't wish that on anyone but if you do something that attracts the attention of an off-duty cop, you may end up meeting an on-duty one.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I never said there was. The guy drew attention to himself and if the wrong person saw him, he could have had a long interaction with BGPD. I don't wish that on anyone but if you do something that attracts the attention of an off-duty cop, you may end up meeting an on-duty one.
    Assuming this person did park on school property and an on duty officer made the observation and was so inclined to press the issue would that be RAS to search this persons vehicle?

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Assuming this person did park on school property and an on duty officer made the observation and was so inclined to press the issue would that be RAS to search this persons vehicle?

I ain't no lawyer or a LEO... But to me, I'd think there would be should the issue be pressed.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

The officer would need probable cause to believe that the vehicle contained evidence of the crime of having a firearm on school property in order to search the vehicle without a warrant/consent/exigent circumstances.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    this happened here in Greenfield last year at my daughter's school.
    a man went to have lunch with his child. he was walking around the school with an empty holster on his hip.
    a teacher called 911 to report MWAG. when the police came to investigate...they realized he had "innocently" locked his gun in his car, thinking that he was doing the right thing. obviously he was not...and he was charged with a felony.

Top Bottom