• j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Time: Approximately 1615 hours

The Situation: White male walking out of the Speedway station towards his full sized white work van openly carrying a smallish pistol on his right hip.

My position: Fueling up my fully marked police car at the pump next to the white male's van.

Action Taken?

Nothing. I did nothing. I said nothing. I continued pumping my gas and minding my own business.

Do I get a cookie?

Heck I stopped a jacked up dodge 4wd diesel truck the other day for 26 over. He told me he had a weapon in his console. I asked if he had a permit. He said "yes sir I do..wanna see it". I told him no but thanks for telling me about it. Wrote a WW for speed and again thanked him for informing me. He was a nice guy.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Rest assured that if you had chosen to slam him to the ground and administer a beatdown, several of your fellow LEOs here would be defending you.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    I note the absence of coffee.

Lesson learned: much like the T. Rex, IMPD vision is based on movement and coffee.
    Obviously, certain firearms related experiences become permanant captives in the dendrites and synapses, to forever recirculate. ;) ..... Speaking from experience, I am.

91FXRS

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    NWI
    Time: Approximately 1615 hours

The Situation: White male walking out of the Speedway station towards his full sized white work van openly carrying a smallish pistol on his right hip.

My position: Fueling up my fully marked police car at the pump next to the white male's van.

Action Taken?

Nothing. I did nothing. I said nothing. I continued pumping my gas and minding my own business.

Do I get a cookie?

Sooo your shift was over? :stickpoke: Just kidding :yesway:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    THAT is the way things should happen.

What if he was carrying a AK with a drum?

:)

Hmm, someone with a holstered pistol walking out of a gas station doesn't seem strange or out of place to me. Someone walking out of a gas station with an AK, or any rifle for that matter, would seem a bit odd. Probably would have been paying pretty close attention to my surroundings at that point looking for anything to indicate that I had come upon a "situation". ;)

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Aww, who am I kidding?

Walking out of a gas station with an AK would get a person some of this action right here:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuigcXvcy1A[/ame]

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Hmm, someone with a holstered pistol walking out of a gas station doesn't seem strange or out of place to me. Someone walking out of a gas station with an AK, or any rifle for that matter, would seem a bit odd. Probably would have been paying pretty close attention to my surroundings at that point looking for anything to indicate that I had come upon a "situation". ;)

Interesting.

That's exactly what I would do.

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    Yeah, and he'll shoot the guys dog in his sleep tonight. :)

OMG can't we let the dog live just this once? It is just a chihuahua cowering in the corner! Then again it could a rabies infested scout for a pit bull kill team hidden in the hall closet!! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Top Bottom