So now we as parents cant control what our own children eat for lunch.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    And now that the government controls our health care? Practicality is wise up to a point. But going along to get along sometimes means we end up in a place we never wanted to be because we didn't stop and pay attention to where we were going in the first place. This is one of those things.
    Well, crying about it isn't going to repeal Obamacare. That's a law and to get rid of it isn't the easiest thing to do but it can be done and I am doing my part, you? Or is it all just complaining on forums that makes the world go for so many of you keyboard cowboys(girls) who do nothing but find fault in others?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Well, crying about it isn't going to repeal Obamacare. That's a law and to get rid of it isn't the easiest thing to do but it can be done and I am doing my part, you? Or is it all just complaining on forums that makes the world go for so many of you keyboard cowboys(girls) who do nothing but find fault in others?
    LOL WUT?

jake blue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Lebanon
    I guess this is a bit too deep for me. That or my post was too deep for others... seems pretty clear to me.

I think I caught the gist of what you were trying to say but it may have come across a little incoherent. I'm like that when I have a lot of thoughts that overwhelm my hunt-and-peck buffer! Griping on forums isn't going to solve the problems so unless we're willing to actually go out there and get involved (voting, rallying, etc) we're not part of the solution and really no better than a sounding brass or a tinkling cymbal.

Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis
    We were told that we would need a note from the pediatrician if we did not want our child to get milk with his meal. It isn't always a medical "diagnosis" which drives parents to make certain choices.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I guess this is a bit too deep for me. That or my post was too deep for others... seems pretty clear to me.
    Even the psychotic thing they make perfect sense. Self validation isn't exactly a reputable standard. :):

Yes, I understood your points. But they were largely irrelevant to the point I was making, which is why I questioned their inclusion in the discussion. My opposition to Obamacare and what I do about it has no bearing on the fact that it may no longer be as simple as getting the doc to comply with the request for a note if the doc is under the umbrella of government control, which is very likely where we will end up. Obamacare is just another arm of government control, or it will be when/if it becomes the single payer system it was designed to become. Health care providers' autonomy will be severely curtailed under the single payer system of government control.

And this side argument ignores the larger issue of parental authority. While I fall on the side of parental authority to the maximum degree, I also realize that if you voluntarily become a "customer" of the government, you have also voluntarily abdicated some of that authority. So on some level, I don't understand the complaints of parents who are faced with these kinds of decisions. What did they expect?

Top Bottom