• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Are the protests really "peacefull" when streets are being blocked?

Nope.

And that when, in Fort Wayne, the deployed gas. Since then, it's been peaceful. They did close a street for a while, but that's because the mayor, CLEO, sheriff et al were walking with them.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    This was the first Sunday since our church resumed real services that we were able to attend. Out of about 100 people that were there, about 10 were wearing masks.

I’m not sure how this compares to the first two Sundays but if it’s any way comparable to my trip to Walmart yesterday, it’s down...way down.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    So we went out for a drive this afternoon ended up at Cabela’s in Noblesville. It’ll be easier to say what they do have as far as handgun ammo: not only are the 41 magnum guys still smug, the 44 magnum guys can get ammo. 454 console for 60 and 500 Smith & Wesson. Four boxes of 38 super range ammo some 25 auto Full metal jacket and 380 auto range ammo.

no 9 mm 45 ACP, .38 special, .357 in any flavor, zero 5.56, no .22 in any flavor but WMR.

there is one bucket of 40 S&W range ammo.

I stand corrected there is 9 mm 45 auto and 38 special snake shot.

You think there is bad stuff happening in this country or something…

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Indiana utilities seek approval to charge consumers for revenue lost as result of pandemic

...Ten Indiana utilities are asking state regulators to allow them to charge ratepayers for revenue they stand to lose because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
    The gas and electric utilities, including Indianapolis Power & Light Co. and Duke Energy Inc., filed a joint petition Friday with the Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission, saying they are expect to see “significantly reduced load and revenue” as a result of businesses closing their doors or moving operations to remote status.

The utilities, which include five large investor-owned electric companies along with smaller gas companies, are asking for permission to collect lost revenue from customers. They also want to charge customers for all “bad debt expense incurred” associated with government orders to not disconnect utility hookups due to nonpayment.

The petition did not spell out how much they expect to lose in revenue from the pandemic, or how much customer bills could increase if regulators grant their wish. But they said the pandemic is unprecedented and is causing widespread problems.

“Many businesses have had to make difficult decisions to reduce and, in some cases, suspend their operations, which in turn has created significant financial challenges for residential customers. … It is unknown at this time how long the event will last, whether it will recur, or how significant the impact will be on Indiana customers and the utilities that provide them with essential services,” the petition said.

In response, a consumer group, Citizens Action Coalition of Indiana, blasted the request as “unprecedented utility greed.”

“It is disgusting that during these unprecedented times, they are more concerned with quarterly stock reports that with the health, safety and well-being of the Hoosier communities and consumers which they serve,” said Kerwin Olson, the organization’s executive director, in written remarks.

He said what the utilities are seeking is permission to allow them to categorize lower energy sales as an expense caused by the pandemic and to allow them to collect the lost revenue from consumers.

“In other words, the investor-owned utilities want to charge consumers for the energy that they did not sell because of the global pandemic,” he said.

The utilities said they are seeing labor costs rise in the form of overtime, sick time due to prolonged illness, and employee sequestration. They also claim they are paying high costs for cleaning supplies, health care, testing and temperature checks, personal protection equipment, and equipment and supplies to enable employees to work from home. Other costs include uncollectible or bad debt expense associated with some customers’ inability to pay bills.

Altogether, the increased expenses are “having substantial adverse financial impacts” on the utilities, the petition said. The utilities added that many businesses may not be in a position to reopen after the emergency recedes, and that production, supply chain and markets have been disrupted.

In addition to IPL and Duke Energy, the petitioners included Indiana Michigan Power Co., Northern Indiana Public Service Co. and Vectren. The smaller gas companies on the petition were Indiana Gas Co., Indiana Natural Gas Corp., Midwest Natural Gas Corp., Ohio Valley Gas Corp., Ohio Valley Gas, Southern Indiana Gas & Electric Co. and Sycamore Gas Co...

[h=1]Indiana regulators rule utilities can’t charge consumers for lost revenue during pandemic[/h]
    https://www.ibj.com/articles/indian...utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=2020-06-29

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don't know if it's just a Kroger thing or what, but for the past two weeks their lunch meat section has been wiped out. About the only thing they had in any variety or quantity was turkey. And their bacon section has been pretty thin too. Was I supposed to be panicking and nobody told me? :scratch:

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I was going to start a new thread, but thought I would leave the question here.

-->> Does anyone have intel on what transpired in Brazil, IN today? My parents hailed from the Bicknell area, and I still have relation in Jasonville.

All I have seen so far is what is up on the IndyStar Web page. I didn't catch anything on WTTV evening news, which surprised me.

What little was shown in the IndyStar pictures made it appear the protestors were not exactly welcomed with open arms... (the non-firearm type I mean) It did appear a few locals responded properly armed.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Made a trip to meijer in anderson today. The only things I noticed not present were ramen noodles, toilet paper, hand sanitizer, and 5 gal primo water jugs. I was going to stock up on fish antibiotics today but sadly chewy.com is sold out and i dont know of another reputable source that sells them. Also was going to go to rural king for some deep cycle batteries but they are out also.

Antibiotics sale at Valley Vet.

https://www.valleyvet.com/c/pet-sup...&sfmc_jb=856&sfmc_mid=7231874&sfmc_u=31191078

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The great "lunchmeat ham" shortage is continuing. All I've been able to find are the "uncured" varieties, and they're more expensive than the regular stuff. Apparently turkey processors were unaffected by the Coronavirus because that's the only kind of lunchmeat that's available in any quantity.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    The great "lunchmeat ham" shortage is continuing. All I've been able to find are the "uncured" varieties, and they're more expensive than the regular stuff. Apparently turkey processors were unaffected by the Coronavirus because that's the only kind of lunchmeat that's available in any quantity.

I didn't know this was a thing, but now it makes sense. I went to Aldi for my favorite honey ham lunchmeat (the rectangular package, not the deli-sliced stuff) and they were out. There were at least 50 packages of turkey, which I have never cared for, but I picked up a couple anyway to have something low carb to nibble on. Got them home and opened one, and it was slimy and stinky. I couldn't even make out the date because it was dark ink stamped onto a dark "busy" background.

I think I still have a couple of packages in the freezer from the big stock-up earlier this year.

Top Bottom