• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colts Ironman

Sua Sponte, Rangers Lead the Way
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 22, 2021
    NW Indianapolis
    I've used Masters Leather rigs before which is a company based in Virginia where I lived but I'm curious if any Hoosiers have a recommendation? Galco is okay but I'm sure there are better ones. Has anyone tried the new cloak tuck shoulder holster from Aliengear? Looks comfy. I'm not a big aliengear holster fan such as the shapeshift kit but the shoulder rig looks decent.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Lots of peps will knock the shoulder holster. I personally love them if I am driving or setting down lots. (BMV waiting line ect) not every pistol works well with them but a larger CCW works well. A full size service pistols would be to large in my opinion.

I have three. A Miami classic a Miami classic 2 and a triple k ultra 3. The classic carry’s a model 66 and two speedloaders and I got it super cheap the Miami classic 2 Carry’s a smith 5906 and two mags and the triple k ultra 3 Carrie’s a sig p229.

I think the triple k ultra 3 (I paid to much for this) is the most comfortable second is the Miami classic with the revolver (I carry this the most and I think it has confirmed to me over the years and might be about the best size gun weight and speed loaders. I don’t carry the 5906 much but the holster came with purchase and I do not know if they still make them for the smith.

The galco has the minimalist feel and the old school detective look. Pop a carhart (without the label since they let go workers who would not get a jab) vest over it and all is covered. The triple k with the carhart vest shows a bit of leather on the collar with the bigger leather amount used but most sheepole would not think I was carrying.

Like wearing suspenders they are not for everyone. I suffer from noassatall so even gunbelts need a pull up often. I might look to try a triple k ultra 3 for the model 66 but I doubt I will pay again when I have the classic already

Top Bottom