• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fireball168

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clinton
    What if you saw the only three incidents like that at the show?

I wouldn't have wasted my time typing it, I've better things to do than ***** on the internet.

The 6.8 groupies were the most blatant about it, they certainly weren't the only ones.

Don't let it color your impression of an entire group though, because the original comments came off pretty offensively.

This is rich, you're giving me a red ass over being offensive.

Go back and read what you've offered up in this thread.

Have fun at SHOT.

For everybody else the NRA show is open to members, has largely the same exhibitors and exhibits - and folks manning the exhibits who are more appropriate to talk with retail customers.

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    I believe entry is only allowed for "distinguished" guests, suppliers, distributors, members of the press, etc. It's not open to the general public.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Fireball168:

I just read through the thread you linked. Wow, I didn't realize that had been going on and it's pretty obnoxious.

Having said that, that sort of behavior is completely to be expected. SHOT is becoming a victim of its own hype. When folks like you (not just you or you specifically, just the generic you meaning someone who has attended) come back talking about all of the cool stuff you did/got to see/folks you got to meet/etc, it makes everyone want to go, especially since it's sort of an exclusive event, so there's a lot of prestige in being able to attend and it gives those who attend a sense of entitlement that some folks will inevitably act out upon.
    A few years ago I'd never heard of SHOT except in a vague sense. Now even I want to go, and I don't really have a real desire to do so. That's good marketing!

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    A couple further notes:

1) Evidently, there has been some cracking down on credentials for admittance. Attendees are now being required to prove their industry affiliation at the time of registration, and the requirements for "media" people are much more strict.

2) Being new to my position at the shop, I am going to the show to meet our distributors and factory reps and to seek out potential new sources for certain product lines. Otherwise, we get better deals and do the most actual buying at individual distributors' shows, and don't have to deal with all the lookee-loos. I see the industry trending that way even more in the years to come.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    A couple further notes:

1) Evidently, there has been some cracking down on credentials for admittance. Attendees are now being required to prove their industry affiliation at the time of registration, and the requirements for "media" people are much more strict.

2) Being new to my position at the shop, I am going to the show to meet our distributors and factory reps and to seek out potential new sources for certain product lines. Otherwise, we get better deals and do the most actual buying at individual distributors' shows, and don't have to deal with all the lookee-loos. I see the industry trending that way even more in the years to come.

In other words:
    :p:p:p

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Warning for first time Shot Show folks

Word to the wise for any first timers; try to bring a wheeled cart of some kind to put your literature in while walking the show. It builds up fast and gets very heavy. They have places in the convention center where you can buy a box and keep going back to add to it; they ship it home for you after the show but it is expensive. I used it last year and it cost over sixty dollars. Flying Southwest this year and bringing an extra bag to bring my stuff back in and have my cart from last years show so am all set. The Shot Show is the Disneyworld for gun people. :D

Top Bottom