Seen this sign at my local bank this morning.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    You and your bank are in Indiana?
    This bank is a bank that bought out my old bank. Its out of Ohio. Civista bank.

Now I wonder if that is Ohio law and they just placed the sign on their new Indiana branches?

I just noticed it. I've went in and out of my branch for years with my EDC IWB pistol for many decades. Never had a sign like that before.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    This bank is a bank that bought out my old bank. Its out of Ohio. Civista bank.

Now I wonder if that is Ohio law and they just placed the sign on their new Indiana branches?

I just noticed it. I've went in and out of my branch for years with my EDC IWB pistol for many decades. Never had a sign like that before.
    yeah probably same contractors just go around remodeling or something and just following a plan. I imagine a nice polite chat with teh branch manager is all that's needed

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    yeah probably same contractors just go around remodeling or something and just following a plan. I imagine a nice polite chat with teh branch manager is all that's needed
    As I figured. It's an Ohio state law that doesn't work in Indiana.

"No Weapons Allowed" Signs Enforced?
    Are "No Weapons Allowed" signs enforced in Ohio? If yes, violating the sign would be considered to be a crime. If no, violating the sign would not be considered a criminal offense.
    Yes. The person in control of private premises, and a private person leasing premises owned by the state, the United States, or a political subdivision of the state, may post a sign prohibiting firearms on or onto that land or those premises. [Ohio Rev. Code § 2923.126(C)(3)(a)]

For locations designated as off-limits even with a valid permit/license, per Sec. 2923.1212, posted signs must contain a statement in substantially the following form: "Unless otherwise authorized by law, pursuant to the Ohio Revised Code, no person shall knowingly possess, have under the person's control, convey, or attempt to convey a deadly weapon or dangerous ordnance onto these premises."

klausm

Grouchy Gar
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    North Central
    I think it is also illegal to carry in a bar in Ohio.
    stopped once for lunch at a bar and they had the sign posted in the men's room, I guess that was the only place they thought we would actually read it

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Seems like we've seen this sort of sign before. IIRC, it was on a bank door whose corporate offices were from out of state, I think where it was illegal to carry a gun inside.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I just talked with a person from Civista bank.
    They said to go talk to the manager at the local branch especially after I brought up that sign was wrong according to Indiana state law.
    They were done talking.
    Since the manager has been there for years I doubt she'd have a problem with it. But it won't hurt to find out.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Do you have a credit union nearby? Screw banks, I've been a credit union member for several decades. They are member owned, the rates and services are better than traditional banks and don't have stupid policies. No signs on the door other than one asking to remove hats & sunglasses. They've never mentioned my sidearm.

I used to bank at PNC. I needed a notary service to witness my signature for a Wells Fargo loan re-cast document (not a refi or anything like that). They told me they would not provide a notary unless my loan was with them. I walked over to the mgrs. office and asked to close my account right then and there. Took everything over to the Forum CU and been banking there ever since. They were happy to provide several notary services for me since then.

Top Bottom