• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The second amendment (or any amendment) is a limitation on the GOVERNMENT. The GOVERNMENT may "make no law", or "shall not infringe".
    The private property owner is NOT the GOVERNMENT.
    Does someone have the right to come to your house spewing anti-LGBT language? No.
    Because they do not have 1st amendment rights in your house.
    The government however, may not make a law about you having to allow someone into your house that spews anti-LGBT language.

IndyGal65: This is pretty much the point I was trying to make. It's not just about guns, language, religion, or sexual orientation. It's about you having control over your little chunk of the world. As long as I'm not interfering with your peaceful enjoyment of your property and not depriving you of your life, liberty, or pursuit of happiness, let's leave each other alone.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Only business owners no longer have the right to ban guns on their properties. Many INGOers supported the parking lot law.
    The gist of the law is it's your property (vehicle) that is allowed on their property. As long as it remains in your vehicle then it is in your property.

Any employer can get around this by not allowing you to park your property (vehicle) on their property.

Last edited:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The gist of the law is it's your property (vehicle) that is allowed on their property. As long as it remains in your vehicle then it is in your property.

Any employer can get around this by not allowing you to park your property (vehicle) on their property.

An employee could have gotten around the employers rules by parking off property.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I agree. They can believe what they want. They can even act how they want on PRIVATE property.

They can do what they want on their PRIVATE property. Once it's a PUBLIC business, that's another matter. At that point, they're subject to anti-discrimination laws. For example, a white supremacist can't open up a public coffee shop, and deny a black man a job based on his skin color. He also can't put a sign up in the window that says "no blacks allowed."

I, for one, am glad our government has laws in place to keep this kind of stupidity from happening.

A public business? WTF? Do you think the public owns business? Dude, (Dudet?) we're not ****ing commies yet. Someone owns that Jimmy Johns I ate lunch at today. That *is* private property.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    A public business? WTF? Do you think the public owns business? Dude, (Dudet?) we're not ****ing commies yet. Someone owns that Jimmy Johns I ate lunch at today. That *is* private property.

are you telling me that a store that is right there connected to a public road is actually private property? no way m8. i have rights

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    While the property may be considered private, it is open to public accommodation. That is currently the law and it is unlikely to ever be overturned. If you ever decide to own a business you'd best be aware of it.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    While the property may be considered private, it is open to public accommodation. That is currently the law and it is unlikely to ever be overturned. If you ever decide to own a business you'd best be aware of it.

The only confusion seems to be on the part of the statist with hurt feelings who thinks that it isn't private property.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    The only confusion seems to be on the part of the statist with hurt feelings who thinks that it isn't private property.
    Perhaps, but private property doesn't mean there aren't limits placed upon the owners by law. There are rules to be played by and failure to do so could easily result in civil litigation that will leave you without 2 pennies to rub together.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Congress asserted its authority to legislate under several different parts of the United States Constitution, principally its power to regulate interstate commerce under Article One (section 8), its duty to guarantee all citizens equal protection of the laws under the Fourteenth Amendment and its duty to protect voting rights under the Fifteenth Amendment.

Want all your property rights back? You'll have to repeal the 14th amendment and the commerce clause: two favorite tools for usurping your rights of twentieth and twenty first century progressives.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Congress asserted its authority to legislate under several different parts of the United States Constitution, principally its power to regulate interstate commerce under Article One (section 8), its duty to guarantee all citizens equal protection of the laws under the Fourteenth Amendment and its duty to protect voting rights under the Fifteenth Amendment.

Want all your property rights back? You'll have to repeal the 14th amendment and the commerce clause: two favorite tools for usurping your rights of twentieth and twenty first century progressives.

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome

One of the BEST ideas I've seen here.

While at it, let's repeal the 16th (one of the most insidious and one which was arguably never properly ratified) and the 17th.

The 23rd can go too.

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    Just got back from the beach. Been a rough day. :):

I truly want to thank all of those who responded to my questions the last couple of days. Again, I wasn't trying to be difficult, I was really trying to get some good info from the fine folks on INGO. I truly feel like I've learned a few things regarding property rights. I readily admit my ignorance in this area. At least now I feel like I have a better understanding, and for that I am thankful.

I want to wish everyone a very happy and safe 4th of July. We will be driving all day from Florida to Indy. :patriot:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Just got back from the beach. Been a rough day. :):

I truly want to thank all of those who responded to my questions the last couple of days. Again, I wasn't trying to be difficult, I was really trying to get some good info from the fine folks on INGO. I truly feel like I've learned a few things regarding property rights. I readily admit my ignorance in this area. At least now I feel like I have a better understanding, and for that I am thankful.

I want to wish everyone a very happy and safe 4th of July. We will be driving all day from Florida to Indy. :patriot:

Have a safe trip back!

Top Bottom