• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So, in order to exercise your first amendment religious rights, you now have to have the statement on file with the federal government?

How the hell does that square with freedom of speech or religion? How can they coerce this political speech (form 700) and condition it on deprivation of religious freedom if you don't?

Then, as a matter of law, the sole purpose of the coerced speech is to justify using laundered tax dollars to pay for private party's contraceptives?

if the law had another purpose for form 700, the government might have a point. In this case the only purpose is to distribute contraceptives.

Wow.

Form 700 has a lot more on it than that.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Just looked it up.

http://sblog.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/EBSA-Form-700.pdf

Page 2 of the damn thing explicitly says it is being tendered to force payment for contraceptives.

Wow.

Crap. I was looking at the wrong form 700. Bureaucracy at its finest.

So essentially, you either comply by subverting your long-held religious beliefs or you can't have a religious non-profit. Was that considered in the ruling? Doesn't that effectively prohibit free exercise thereof by not much more than having a calendar date past?

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    This looks to be false. This "letter" has been floating around the interwebs for several months. Snopes says false and I couldn't find anything on their web page.

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    This looks to be false. This "letter" has been floating around the interwebs for several months. Snopes says false and I couldn't find anything on their web page.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but I recommend not trusting Snopes too far. After all, it is a Soros-funded mom and pop shop with no research capabilities beyond searching the internet, only with relatively unlimited time, and then making up their minds what the 'truth' is generally filtered through the lens of their strongly left-leaning worldview.

Top Bottom