• ...and so much more!
  • 1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN

After a little over a year finally got my frankengun together. Used a 5906 frame and a 3913/6906 slide. Was only able to get the hammer to drop using a 2nd gen spurless hammer and 2nd gen trigger bar. So now it has half cock capability. I also used a 2nd gen disconnector in place of the plastic new styles I had.

Going tomorrow to look at the CHP 4006TSW at Copper Custom and hopefully get hooked up by my buddy who works there.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    IT’S ALIVE!

Great project, 1775! Glad to see it’s ready for the range.

Yep may be a while before some actual range use but will try to run a few rounds later today to check function. You almost run out of travel before the hammer breaks compared to the rest of the 3rd gen series. Maybe I can tweak it after a function firing.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I know, right! Stupid unemployment . . .

I had to sweet talk my wife into the 4006 purchase on Tuesday. Had to basically give a powerpoint showing the current market and what my price could of been and the pros and cons as well as future investment potential.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Now I've been looking for light to mount and it appears streamlight might be the way to go. Seems the tsw rail is built differently and the few streamlights I looked at include the blocks for the tsw. Havent had much luck on the S&W forum finding out what the CHP go to was, but till I sell off some brass I don't reload for the light will wait. Got more brass to process and several firearms that need cleaning before it gets cold in the garage.

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    Question to the S&W 3rd Gen experts...

Is there a magazine compatibility chart online somewhere that shows which mags will work with which models?

Top Bottom