• ...and so much more!
  • 1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I'm sure but then they said it was so expensive to ship. I think mcapo is right they must be rethinking the low low price.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Snow be damned - I am getting my "new" 4006 to the range tomorrow. I have never owned or shot a 40 SW 3rd Gen....sort of like being a teenage again and your first girlfriend's parents are gone and....uh...nevermind....anyway...can't wait to shoot it. Have 200 rounds of 40 in inventory. Hope to come home with none!

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Snow be damned - I am getting my "new" 4006 to the range tomorrow. I have never owned or shot a 40 SW 3rd Gen....sort of like being a teenage again and your first girlfriend's parents are gone and....uh...nevermind....anyway...can't wait to shoot it. Have 200 rounds of 40 in inventory. Hope to come home with none!

I still have yet to zero the red dot on my 3906. I've been busy doing some early spring cleaning in order to raise funds for more 3rd gens.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    With the potential for snow, I stole a little time between appointments for the 4006 and a Beretta 92FS.

Wow. I’m impressed. The 4006 soaked up all the recoil and was accurate. Not as soft as the 92 but still nothing like say a 40 Shield.

Below are a couple groups from 15 yards (well actually 14.5...). It was cold. I was cold but I’m pretty happy with those groups from me. The first pic was the start and you can see me climbing the target to find it POI. The second is representative of most groups. Some bull eyes (luck) and some fliers (me) but just reconfirms how good these pistols are in any caliber!

977aeba082e87d484e524c0187028649.jpg

9aa261d7e2f54bf554ef1fdc1e44e370.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Looks good. I think I'm going to find a setup like on the MAC channel the cardboard targets like I his recent cz70 review so I can actually work a load for my 4506 and be able to go out behind the house and test

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Wish I could shoot in my backyard but the range is just a couple miles away.

I’ll probably get that 4006 in a rest and see if the sight needs drifted a bit or if it was just me shooting left. I’m guessing the latter.

I have a stack of paper plates that I usually cover the backer board with but I thought I’d treat a new gun to a real target.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Wish I could shoot in my backyard but the range is just a couple miles away.

I’ll probably get that 4006 in a rest and see if the sight needs drifted a bit or if it was just me shooting left. I’m guessing the latter.

I have a stack of paper plates that I usually cover the backer board with but I thought I’d treat a new gun to a real target.

Glad you got some range time in. The 4006 was my first .40, they're bricks but I always remember them shooting good.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    They must be monitoring this thread. Sportsman raised the NIB 5906 $50 today.

I saw that but I also think there is less than a dozen available as well. I'm also waiting to see if my bid holds for a 915 that looks a good 90% I would doubt it as I'm at the limit for the bet I placed but you never know.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    I really want a 3906/5906 but dropping over $750 for both seems like a lot for nice in-box examples. A few years from now, I might regret that position....my wife has been ill for a month now and the extra funds are going to buy all these doctors new Mercedes!!! Slowing down the purchases...Which is funny since after getting rid of a bunch of stuff; I'm running out room again. Another safe or less buying? Hmmm...

Got a little range time tomorrow if today goes as planned. Think I'll throw the 4006 in the case though primarily going to take a CZ to do a little pre-trigger job comparison. With the cold and time factor, the "testing" of the 4006 was rushed but I think that is hands down the best 40 I've fired even considering my built-in bias for third gens.

Been watching this 5906 - along with all the others.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/747677390

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I really want a 3906/5906 but dropping over $750 for both seems like a lot for nice in-box examples. A few years from now, I might regret that position....my wife has been ill for a month now and the extra funds are going to buy all these doctors new Mercedes!!! Slowing down the purchases...Which is funny since after getting rid of a bunch of stuff; I'm running out room again. Another safe or less buying? Hmmm...

Got a little range time tomorrow if today goes as planned. Think I'll throw the 4006 in the case though primarily going to take a CZ to do a little pre-trigger job comparison. With the cold and time factor, the "testing" of the 4006 was rushed but I think that is hands down the best 40 I've fired even considering my built-in bias for third gens.

Been watching this 5906 - along with all the others.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/747677390

That 5906 looks nice.......I would rather drop the money on the rarer 3906 than the 5906.

PLANEMECH

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Decatur, IN
    Question? Hopefully some one can help me. I bought a 4006 with bobbed hammer and adjustable sights I know it is police trade in but trying to see if I can figure out who. It is not a CHP or a Parks and Rec one and not a TSW. It is marked in the same areas as my 6946 which is a Norfolk P.D. but this one is listed as "A40**" . The Norfolk is listed as "NPD17**" on Rh side receiver , then slide above it and then on the chamber part of the barrel . I was wondering if it was an Atlanta P.D but they seem to be not 4046 and no adjustable sights and from what I can see they are Marked "Atlanta Police Dept."
    This one has no holster wear that I can see either. Any Help would be appreciative.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    I've tried but most are lnib or in 85-90% with just a mag or two.

About 95-98% with box and no less than two mags would be nice. I missed one over the holidays that I was driving when the bid ended. One will come around.

Question? Hopefully some one can help me. I bought a 4006 with bobbed hammer and adjustable sights I know it is police trade in but trying to see if I can figure out who. It is not a CHP or a Parks and Rec one and not a TSW. It is marked in the same areas as my 6946 which is a Norfolk P.D. but this one is listed as "A40**" . The Norfolk is listed as "NPD17**" on Rh side receiver , then slide above it and then on the chamber part of the barrel . I was wondering if it was an Atlanta P.D but they seem to be not 4046 and no adjustable sights and from what I can see they are Marked "Atlanta Police Dept."
    This one has no holster wear that I can see either. Any Help would be appreciative.

Not a clue....lots of police markings out there.

We always encourage family photographs here....

Top Bottom