• Status
    Not open for further replies.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Earlier this month, Ukrainian media reported that the ministry had acquired 233,000 winter jackets for $20m from a Turkish firm.

However, customs documentation for one of the shipments revealed that the cost for a batch of 4,900 jackets en route from Turkey to Ukraine had tripled, rising from $142,000 to $421,000.

It was also revealed that the jackets were lightweight rather than winter wear, as had been expected.

Ukrainian journalist Yuriy Nikolov, who first reported the scandal, said the situation was a "mess", with autumn on the way and his country mired in conflict.

This has been news for awhile now. Someone became very wealthy tripling the price the military was paying(for a lessor jacket as well).

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    I don't really get the whole obsession with trying to prove that Zelensky, or Ukrainians in general, are Nazis. Does that somehow prove that Putin is justified in invading their country?

True, wearing Nazi swastikas, whitewashing history, and trying to deny the reality of one of the worst human atrocities in history is wrong*, but if you think folks deserve to be shot, oppressed, and enslaved for doing those things, that's some way out there antifa nutcase crap right there.

If Ukraine actually starts building extermination camps to wipe out whole ethnic groups get back to me, but don't claim they deserve to have their country invaded because they committed thought crimes.

(Oh crap, I think I just gave the conspiracy theorists some new ideas...)

*Edit: Also, I'm not saying that I even accept the premise that a significant percentage of Ukrainians actually do these sorts of things; I've never really tried to examine the evidence one way or another, I'm just saying to me I don't see what it would change with regard to the war even IF they are doing these things.

erasure

komm süßer tod
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2020
    merrrerrrmrerrerverre
    I don't really get the whole obsession with trying to prove that Zelensky, or Ukrainians in general, are Nazis. Does that somehow prove that Putin is justified in invading their country?

I care because the difference between how the media treats nazis in the US vs nazis in th ukraine is absolutely hilarious.

And because it's just a nice example of the ******** being flung about. Upthread there's a nice NYT article linked, apparently the only problem is they're making Russian propaganda look good.

asevans

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Ethnic Jew covers up glorification of Nazism - Putin on Zelensky

The Russian president has said that Western handlers have placed an ethnic Jew at the head of Ukraine to cover up the anti-human nature of the Kiev regime. And this situation is disgusting.

The leader also said that this fact was particularly understandable to Jews in Israel.

@ukraine_watch

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.

The Russian president has said that Western handlers have placed an ethnic Jew at the head of Ukraine to cover up the anti-human nature of the Kiev regime. And this situation is disgusting.

The leader also said that this fact was particularly understandable to Jews in Israel.

@ukraine_watch
    Nice. Anti-semitism to go along with invading and raping a sovereign country. About what I'd expect.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    hahahahah
    Zelenskyy a Jew is like Elizabeth Warren being an Indian.

@ukraine_watch
    Huh?

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Russian bot didn't finish the translation before posting. Because what it reads like is some anti-semitic ********. If the poster actually believes this trash should really take a hard look at themselves.

EDIT: And any quote from Putin should be considered with the same amount of skepticism as any quote from Bidet.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'm just wondering where the outrage at Russian aggression was when they were partitioning Georgia or crushing Chechnya

When I compare the situations, the main difference I see is people are making bank in Ukraine. I think you are being fed a convenient story line (David v Goliath) by people who will sell Ukraine down the river when the dynamics of that profitability change. Some of them might be the same people who were pushing the 'domino' theory of why we had to go all in on Vietnam - and look how well that worked out

Look, Pence is willing to fight until the last Ukrainian. Like defeating 'climate change', all it takes is more money followed by even more money. Shouldn't be long now, say the people who brought you the 20 years war in Iraq and Afghanistan

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Ignore the glowie. No one is actually ****ing stupid enough to believe anything Putin says. Federal troll is federal.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Ignore the glowie. No one is actually ****ing stupid enough to believe anything Putin says. Federal troll is federal.
    As much as I'd like to believe what you said here is true, I sadly know many stupid people that are that ****ing stupid. Actually more ****ing stupid because they also believe all the c-vid hysteria.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    President Volodymyr Zelenskyy announced politician Rustem Umyerov as his replacement.

Mr Umerov came into politics in 2019 when he ran for parliament with the reformist "Holos" party, which he later left to become a government official.
    Before that he worked in the private sector, first in telecoms and later in investment.
    In 2013, he founded a charity programme to help train Ukrainians at the prestigious Stanford University in the US.

Umerov is a member of the pro-European Holos party, not Zelensky’s Servant of the People party(until it was outlawed and he joined the servant of the people party in 2020 to continue being able to work in government,were he went from an elected official in parliament to "Since 2020, Umerov has co-chaired a task force to end Crimea’s occupation."). He has a wide network of sources and has been part of high-stakes negotiations.

Military experience Zero, but he has the backing of the US left(and some 3 letters)...so he is the pick.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I'm just wondering where the outrage at Russian aggression was when they were partitioning Georgia or crushing Chechnya

When I compare the situations, the main difference I see is people are making bank in Ukraine. I think you are being fed a convenient story line (David v Goliath) by people who will sell Ukraine down the river when the dynamics of that profitability change. Some of them might be the same people who were pushing the 'domino' theory of why we had to go all in on Vietnam - and look how well that worked out

Look, Pence is willing to fight until the last Ukrainian. Like defeating 'climate change', all it takes is more money followed by even more money. Shouldn't be long now, say the people who brought you the 20 years war in Iraq and Afghanistan

Yeah it's funny how nobody cared about Russian aggression until it happened in a country where the current American president is raking in bribe money.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Looks like Vlad is making a weapons deal with the norks.

The little kid wearing his Dad’s suit (Jake Sullivan NSC Director) came to the podium and attempted to tell a bat**** crazy and evil 3rd generation dictator that the international community would be miffed he he proceeded.

You just can’t make this **** up.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    This article is crying that Ukraine assassins are "going too far".

What?

Don't like it, get out.

I couldn't agree with your sentiment more.

I would really like to know where this silly up-side-down modern idea came from that killing rank-and-file soldiers is somehow just part of war, but if you start going after the political leaders who are actually causing the war then it's some horrifying crime against humanity. How can you consider it less morally repugnant to take the life of a random soldier who may well just be caught in a war because he joined the army out of a misguided sense of patriotism and now is stuck fighting for a cause he doesn't agree with out of fear of punishment if he deserts, than to take the life of the one actually making the decisions, giving the orders, and causing the war to continue in the first place?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I couldn't agree with your sentiment more.

I would really like to know where this silly up-side-down modern idea came from that killing rank-and-file soldiers is somehow just part of war, but if you start going after the political leaders who are actually causing the war then it's some horrifying crime against humanity. How can you consider it less morally repugnant to take the life of a random soldier who may well just be caught in a war because he joined the army out of a misguided sense of patriotism and now is stuck fighting for a cause he doesn't agree with out of fear of punishment if he deserts, than to take the life of the one actually making the decisions, giving the orders, and causing the war to continue in the first place?

Well, they were also complaining about "regular" people being taken out, just because they are near those important people, and how there's an endless supply of "regular" people so that it doesn't accomplish much.

___
    telling The Economist that targeting mid-level propagandists or relatively small fish in Russia's larger information and political systems was sometimes meant to impress the president rather than achieve victory in the war.

"Clowns, prostitutes and jokers are a constant around the Russian government," the source told the outlet. "Kill one of them, and another will appear in their place."
    ___

Still.
    If you don't want assassin squads, then maybe don't invade.

Also, if you click on the article, and then click on "comments", it's pretty good.
    Mostly people asking if Russia wrote the article, or paid for it to be written.

____
    23 hours ago

Keep it up Ukraine. And no people won’t keep stepping up and replacing mid level positions. Eventually no one is going to risk getting taken out for a mid level low pay job regardless of what it entails.

____
    1 day ago

Isn't this the very definition of *uc* Around And Find Out? Russia invaded a country and Ukraine's fighting back for their very own lives. don't wanna be a target? don't go there.

___

1 day ago

When you are outnumbered 5 to 1 on the battlefield and half your country has been razed to the ground, there is no too far. You take out what targets you can and paint others for drone strikes, and get out. You hurt them in as many ways and as often as possible.

____

1 day ago

When you are outnumbered 5 to 1 on the battlefield and half your country has been razed to the ground, there is no too far. You take out what targets you can and paint others for drone strikes, and get out. You hurt them in as many ways and as often as possible.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I would really like to know where this silly up-side-down modern idea came from that killing rank-and-file soldiers is somehow just part of war, but if you start going after the political leaders who are actually causing the war then it's some horrifying crime against humanity.
    It comes from those who believe a monarchal / nobles vs disposable serfs, are the proper way for the world to operate. This mentality is rampant throughout Europe, a legacy of millenia of kings, Barron's, Dukes and other nobles having lordship over their vassals.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom