• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Invading a sovereign country isn't cool either. Blah blah blah I know we have done it too. Doesn't make it right. I don't know what the "right" answer is at this point and have begun to suspect there may not be one.
    The right answer was it is a European problem and if they wanted it solved they should get busy (and we would hold their coat)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Our prayers have been answer!!!! War should be over tomorrow once Putin gets the news.

You stop it Russia!

iu

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    5% of our defense budget is not even close to "bLeEdiNg uS dRy."

And preventing the rebirth of the Soviet Union is not a "whim."

If you equate geopolitical politics and defense spending with Nigerian prince scams and your personal checking account, that tells me all I need to know about your understanding of the matter.

:rolleyes:
    Why are you so bad at math?

It's a lot more than 5% though. I posted it earlier but we average about $400B in defense funding per year. WE've sent a total of $113B in aid, $67B in military assistance. Military aid alone is about 17%, total aid 28% of our defense budget.

Not saying its right or wrong, but your numbers are off.
    It is a lot more than 5%, defense budget is now something like $750B. Anyway, even if it were 5% of our defense budget, that's not a lot?

$113B is a lot of money. But as a fraction of defense spending, we're gonna use it for that?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Invading a sovereign country isn't cool either. Blah blah blah I know we have done it too. Doesn't make it right. I don't know what the "right" answer is at this point and have begun to suspect there may not be one.
    I want Russia to lose this. They invaded a Sovereign nation. What is our responsibility in this? Zero. We have zero responsibility. But, I think it's fine that we help. But $113B? Aren't we done?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Our prayers have been answer!!!! War should be over tomorrow once Putin gets the news.

Wait! WTF? You mean all they had to do all this time was to demand Russia withdraw? All those lost lives and US dollars. If they had just demanded Russia leave last year. All this would be over.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom