• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    We did. In the early days of Operation Enduring Freedom we did win using Special Operations Forces and Airpower. USAF brought the heavies, USN brought the fighters.

Then after years of nation-building...
    To win means to break the will of your enemy. Apparently we didn't have enough carrier power or operators to break the will of a bunch of goat humpers. There are some enemies that require extermination to the last man.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    To win means to break the will of your enemy. Apparently we didn't have enough carrier power or operators to break the will of a bunch of goat humpers. There are some enemies that require extermination to the last man.
    I think you are on to something. A couple terms stayed with me from my VERY early days in the USAF. One was, "Nuke 'em til they glow, use their asses for runway lights." The other, "Bomb 'em back to the Stone Age!"

The latter is appropriate here. On a good day we were fighting against 10th century a-holes. On a bad day we were fighting against 7th century a-holes. Bomb 'em back to the Stone Age? Hell that's 5 minutes ago for this bunch.

WWSTD? (What would Sun Tzu do?) Having read "The Art of War" many times, Sun Tzu wouldn't go to Afghanistan. If he couldn't draw his enemy into a more favorable terrain? He'd have slaughtered everyone he came across.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    My guess is that if you started trying to build new nuc power plants today it would be decades before they started producing power. I remember when the industry collapsed and the debts incurred when plants under construction or operating were written off. I don't think a new one has been commissioned since the 70s.
    Well, with all the red tape and 'studies', yes decade(s) to plan/build.

If the will power was there, you're still probably looking at 5 years... MINIMUM. If you went with a 'off the shelf' plan.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I think you are on to something. A couple terms stayed with me from my VERY early days in the USAF. One was, "Nuke 'em til they glow, use their asses for runway lights." The other, "Bomb 'em back to the Stone Age!"

The latter is appropriate here. On a good day we were fighting against 10th century a-holes. On a bad day we were fighting against 7th century a-holes. Bomb 'em back to the Stone Age? Hell that's 5 minutes ago for this bunch.

WWSTD? (What would Sun Tzu do?) Having read "The Art of War" many times, Sun Tzu wouldn't go to Afghanistan. If he couldn't draw his enemy into a more favorable terrain? He'd have slaughtered everyone he came across.

He also would not have stayed. On "Waging War" Rule #7) "For there has never been a protracted war from which a country has benefited." (This is always a rule that sticks out in my memory.)

He also firmly believed in the benefits of the state, not just his. Under "Offensive Strategy" the very 1st rule is, "Generally, in war the best policy is to take a state intact; to ruin it is inferior to this."

He goes on with rule #2, "To capture the enemy's army is better than to destroy it; to take intact a battalion, a company or a five-man squad is better than to destroy them."

#3) "For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill." (We should have learned this before Vietnam.)

Afghanistan is entirely different from what I was referring to, and I stand by my thoughts. There was no "enemy" in Afghanistan. There were multiple hundreds of enemies. Multiple villages and multiple Imam Khatibs, multiple hundreds of warlords. Afghanistan has never really been a nation state but rather lots of villages and small territories willing to trade but always saying "Leave us the **** alone."

Afghanistan has earned the title "Graveyard of Empires" for a very good reason. To name just a few the Persians, Arabs, the Mongols, the British, the USSR all were pushed out. We suffered probably over 100,000 casualties by failing to grasp history. When I say casualties I don't mean deaths. There were only about 2,500 deaths. My understanding is we lost a bit over 40,000 arms, legs, eyes and other body parts. God knows how many suffer from PTSD and other psychological and spiritual wounds? We know thousands were wounded due to concussion by roadside IED's, but that brain damage has never been counted. We will have men and women, and the children of some of those men and women, who will suffer for decades to come. May God comfort them all.

Regards,

Doug

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    When the Nord Stream Pipelines began to blow up, Russian natural gas firm GAZPROM got alarm bells from sensors in the pipeline, indicating the pressure had dropped massively and suddenly. GAZPROM then knew the pipes were ruptured.

The computers at GAZPROM, which recorded the minutes/seconds the sensor alarms went off, all use Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) for the time stamps.

Exactly one minute after the alarms went off at GAZPROM, iCloud records of Prime Minister Liz Truss iPhone, show that she used her iPhone to send a text message to Antony Blinken, US Secretary of State. The message: “It’s done.”

The iCloud computers also use Coordinated Universal Time for message time stamps. So although Russia and the UK are in different time zones, UTC proves that it was literally ONE MINUTE after the GAZPROM pressure sensor alarms went off, that Liz Truss sent her text message to Blinken.

No one else knew the pipelines had been blown up. GAZPROM knew there was a problem, but didn’t know what or why.

Liz Truss knew.
    One of the few English speaking articles I could find on why the Russian government accused Britain of bombing nord 1 and 2. The Russian's did include their evidence in a dispatch to the UN and called for a meeting. Our media may not believe it,but we are not the target audience. That would be EU politicians,mainly in Germany. Someone bombed it that is not in question. Now the Swiss are not sharing the results of their investigation,so Russia releases then Prime minister Truss Iphone hack...notice Truss is no longer PM of Britain(in office less than 30 days,their purpose served apparently).

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Why would you believe that Truss would be receiving such sensitive information via insecure means, or that even those directly involved in the sabotage would have had time to receive and process confirmation and then have had time to dial Truss's iPhone to report it?

I mean, I'm certainly willing to believe Truss is stupid but not the likely operators out at the pointy end

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Why would you believe that Truss would be receiving such sensitive information via insecure means, or that even those directly involved in the sabotage would have had time to receive and process confirmation and then have had time to dial Truss's iPhone to report it?

I mean, I'm certainly willing to believe Truss is stupid but not the likely operators out at the pointy end
    The shocking part is the UK government use of Iphones AS secure communication devices.

Of course you can wager half of US government business and politicians regularly use similar devices,with little regard for security(almost no secure device will let you use twitter and fb).

Unrelated to the above. Weapons from Ukraine showing up in Finland,Denmark,and Norway gangs.Source* Their official Finland's federal National Bureau of Investigation.

Last edited:

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

Hillary's email servers.

Although the one minute confirmation of a very, very covert op strains credibility a bit. Obama didn't know Bin Laden was capped that fast.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Hillary's email servers.

Although the one minute confirmation of a very, very covert op strains credibility a bit. Obama didn't know Bin Laden was capped that fast.
    Just goes to show you how far away he was from those really in control of our government.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom