JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    WW III teams are forming up, fellas.

Yeah, I'm just going to say that Iran siding with Russia is like Bulgaria siding with German in WWII. And we all know that was a game changer!

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    "I expect that Ukraine will continue to do everything it can throughout the winter to regain its territory and to be effective on the battlefield," US Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin said

because attacking Russia in the winter has a long history of working.

At least we are only fighting one opponent at a time,and in 3 years Taiwan can help us even more by making our weapons for us. I am sure China will have nothing to say about it,and certainly will not steal any of the blueprints.

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    "I expect that Ukraine will continue to do everything it can throughout the winter to regain its territory and to be effective on the battlefield," US Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin said

because attacking Russia in the winter has a long history of working.
    Good point, BUT....they are in Ukraine, their homeland. And I think the Ukranians know a thing or two about fighting in the winter.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Winter war is likely to become one of bombardment. Rockets, artillery, drones etc., like the war of shells in WW1. It's always tougher to keep troops going in the field during winter.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Good point, BUT....they are in Ukraine, their homeland. And I think the Ukranians know a thing or two about fighting in the winter.
    agreed. The germans got their ass kicked because they were not prepared for the winters there and didn't expect to have taken that long to subjugate the heathens. They were mistaken. Both are things the Ukranians are aware of and prepared for.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    True, but WWI didn't have accurate and timely counterbattery fire.

You're right, a lot has changed, one of the reasons highly mobile free flight rocket launchers are a big deal now. I don't know how quick regular tube artillery can break down and move these days, but there is also SPA, and it's been around since WW2.

Low flying cruise missiles are hard to stop without a CAP. Don't know much about drones, my only experience with then is that they are relatively slow and noisy, maybe AAA can stop them. Again I also don't know how well they show up on radar.

Either way I think troops on both sides will be fighting to stay in areas protected from the cold, so towns and structures will continue to be targets.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

Is this Russian pay back for the gas lines?
    Not unless British fishing boats are working for the Russian's. According to the official government of the UK it was due to British fishing vessels.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Not unless British fishing boats are working for the Russian's. According to the official government of the UK it was due to British fishing vessels.

Edit:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    The new Russian General has been attacking Ukrainian power plants. I would think this would be one of the first things you would do before invasion. I'm surprised it's taken this long to start doing that.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The new Russian General has been attacking Ukrainian power plants. I would think this would be one of the first things you would do before invasion. I'm surprised it's taken this long to start doing that.
    Is that because the history of Russian designed nuclear power plants trying to safely control the reactor(s) without external electric power is such a good one?

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

Edit:

In this day and age you have a media willing to print narratives instead of the news. It has caused much of the confusion and the lack of facts tend to go relatively unnoticed by most.

"Faeroese Telecom's head of infrastructure, Páll Vesturbú, said the damage to the mainland link, which happened just after midnight on Thursday, had affected the fibres in the cable, but "they were not cut off".
    "We have reason to believe that the cable was damaged by a fishing vessel," he said."

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    You're thinking of a different cable I believe. There were different ones damaged about the same time.

A major internet cable in the south of France was reportedly severed on Wednesday night, triggering internet issues across the world - and it occurred just hours within a "major incident" that left residents of the Shetland Isles off the coast of Scotland without connectivity following damage to a submarine cable.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Larsonboys78
    Top Bottom