Russia vs Ukraine anyone watching this ignite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I assume for some politicians and journalists on the ground it's more important to use Twitter than to cook a warm meal.

A lot of people also need social media to communicate with loved ones.
    I think if the grid gets shutdown then internet usage will plummet.
    There will be more important things. Sure people will sporadically still try to use internet, but it will not be their main concern. Heat, food, water, plenty of other things will take precedent.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You can't shut down the internet when it comes from space.

Yes you can. Satellites can be hacked, signals can be jammed. Not the easiest thing to do, but it’s possible, especially with the resources of a nation which is technically competent at such things.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I just don't see the nuc aspect. Ever since George the first started "The New World Order" everything serious has been about money, not nationalism. The extremly rich that call the shots and have great influence, even in Russia, are not interested in winding the clock back 1000 years.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If you shut down the electric the internet soon follows.
    Whatever receives the signal needs power. So yeah, if there is no power to receive the signal, it’s not doing any good. But that’s where emergency power generators come would help. But that won’t stop anyone from jamming the satellite.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Whatever receives the signal needs power. So yeah, if there is no power to receive the signal, it’s not doing any good. But that’s where emergency power generators come would help. But that won’t stop anyone from jamming the satellite.
    Gas pumps need electric, natural gas storage and delivery needs electric. Unless you have stockpiled gas the backup generators are a temporary thing.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I just don't see the nuc aspect. Ever since George the first started "The New World Order" everything serious has been about money, not nationalism. The extremly rich that call the shots and have great influence, even in Russia, are not interested in winding the clock back 1000 years.
    It’s possible that Putin is just ****ing crazy and doesn’t care. He’s said to be the richest man in the world, yet I don’t think he cares about money as much as he cares about power.

Sounds like Putin is a few peas short of a casserole. :nuts:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I think if the grid gets shutdown then internet usage will plummet.
    There will be more important things. Sure people will sporadically still try to use internet, but it will not be their main concern. Heat, food, water, plenty of other things will take precedent.
    Oh I agree.
    I'm just saying that communication can be just as important especially if you have family members in another town, or outside the country.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    putin is crazy, and, there`s even more to it all than that. This is biblical prophesy being fulfilled right before your eyes. All of this will ultimately culminate in russia leading a global coalition against Israel just before Jesus returns to set up His Millennial Kingdom.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I don't disagree that Putin is crazy, but even crazy, rich, and powerful people get "retired" by their own.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don't disagree that Putin is crazy, but even crazy, rich, and powerful people get "retired" by their own.
    Idunno. I don’t think Putin is playing the same game as the globalists. Let’s see where corporate media tries to lead us. I think that’s a view into how they view the game that Putin has going on. I honestly don’t believe Putin is going to resort to nukes. But I don’t think he’s predictable either.

It seems clear, that is, if the reports we are hearing are true, that things aren’t going anything like he expected. And if he is indeed going to the negotiating table at this point, I suspect the news reports might be true. And who knows, if Putin would adopt a scorched earth policy just as a **** you.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    At the height of Watergate, President Nixon was really hitting the bottle. Henry K. had people keeping an eye on him in case he did anything "rash."

This whole deal with Ukraine could also be pressure on Putin from internal competitors, he might be thinking victory in Ukraine would be a solution to whatever problems he's facing. Much like general Galtieri in the Falklands conflict.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The thing is, if the Russians can barely deal with a conventional fight.. how the hell are they going to deal with a Ukrainian insurgency
    I thought it was interesting this article on guerrilla warfare was in the lifestyle section.

Ukraine defense budget dwarfed by Russia's but could hold up with guerrilla tactics: expert​

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The west was certainly surprised when Khrushchev was "retired", in the end he was removed by many of his friends and supporters.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    At the height of Watergate, President Nixon was really hitting the bottle. Henry K. had people keeping an eye on him in case he did anything "rash."

This whole deal with Ukraine could also be pressure on Putin from internal competitors, he might be thinking victory in Ukraine would be a solution to whatever problems he's facing. Much like general Galtieri in the Falklands conflict.

I don't see putin living past this week if he doesn't take Kiev.

The Oligarchs are being financially ruined by his clay expedition.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom